General Area in 10035>Question Details

Nathan Franco, Real Estate Pro in New York

What is the average, and median, annual income in the 10035 zip code? and where can I locate these type of stats? thanks, Nathan

Asked by Nathan Franco, New York Tue Sep 11, 2012

Answers

5
I assume Nathan is asking because he's considering an HDFC/HPD purchase, where the income caps for buyers are calculated using a ratio that involves median income.

Nathan, depending on what kind of property you're looking for, I would be happy to talk to you about this. Most listings have very specific caps that can be easily accessed (without doing any actual math; hooray!) So there are ways to find out if you qualify without doing more than three minutes of research.

I live in a HPD building myself; bought in 2007 and am very happy here. There are a few land mines you want to look out for, but it's a terrific way to get into the market at lower-than-market prices.

Send me a message if you'd like to talk further. My building is in Harlem; a LOT of exciting opportunities have come along in the past few years, and they seem to be continuing.

-Kate-
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
I look at this question and ask myself what would be the intention of having this information? There are many ways to look up demographics and statistics. To what end regarding property, does this info help you with? If the intent is to figure out if you can afford property I would suggest you get yourself pre qualified by a mortgage professional. Good luck.
Or go to NYC.gov. You will find everything there. Go to NYC Inform or NYCStats and also go Government.(above heading), NYC Census Factfinder just got launched.
See link below for possible helpful information...
http://www.city-data.com/zips/10035.html
Perhaps there is a way to access census bureau stats online. That is where I would start.