General Area in Grants Pass>Question Details

Nikki, Other/Just Looking in Grants Pass, OR

What is grants pass like? is it a nice place to live?

Asked by Nikki, Grants Pass, OR Sun Jan 24, 2010

Answers

4
Hello Nikki

Grants Pass is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. We have a mild climate and a great growing season for gardening.

Are you thinking of moving to the area? We would love to be able to assist in your search for the perfect home.

I can be reached at 541-660-9818 or feel free to call my Buyer's Specialist, Chelsea Davis at 541-663-4975.
Grants Pass is a wonderful town. There is a great sense of community here. We tend to have a more relaxed pace of life compared to many other areas. It is absolutley beautiful and we enjoy experiencing all 4 seasons. Call me with any questions. i am happy to help.
Ted Morrow. 541-218-9466
While Grants Pass can be a great small town to live in as Sharon points out - like many small towns there are a few challenges:

Finding a job may be pretty challenging. Unemployment is typically 3-5 percent over Oregon's rate (often higher than national average). If you are planning a move into any small town or rural area, please keep income issues in mind.

Limited selection of goods & services - you may find you have to drive a bit to find what you want....maybe into Medford (30-45min) if something is not available in town. There may be only one place in town providing a service. For example: In Portland, I have a choice of about 6 dealership to have my car serviced, in Grants Pass there is 1 (maybe). If I don't like that 1 - I would have to drive many miles to find the next one.

If you are looking for an even smaller community, there are many just a few miles away - you can truly get away from it all around here.

It is a great place to live - as long as you are prepared for small town life.
Nikki, it appears that you are from Grants Pass but what the heck, I will give it a go anyway!

Grants Pass is a wonderful place to live. If you love the outdoors, theatre, symphony, travel or just kicking back and relaxing you will find this to be the perfect place to hang your hat!

We have four distinct seasons without any drastic extremes. Summers are hot in July and August sometimes hitting the triple digits but it always cools off at night. Winter brings some freezing temps and maybe a smattering of snow and fall and spring are glorious with color!

Camping, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing are all within a short drive. And a river runs through it! The Rogue River runs through the city with many parks along it's banks. Riverside park is host to many events including Boatnik with a carnival, booths, skydivers, fireworks, food, jetboats and more. Boatnik is the grand finale to Amazing May which is a month long celebration filled with numerous community activities. Get involved as a volunteer or just partake and enjoy!

You will find events such as First Friday, Antiques fairs, Growers Market, Back to the 50's, Bearfest, Concerts in the Park, the list goes on and on.

We are a friendly and tight knit community in a valley with diverse opportunities to build a quality life!

Call me anytime if you have questions. Sharon vest 541-660-1850