General Area in 33315>Question Details

Cody, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What is a good neighborhood for a couple with no kids in Fort Lauderdale.?

Asked by Cody, Dallas, TX Thu May 29, 2008

We want to be close to nightlife and outdoor recreation. We would like a small single-family home. Our price limit is 350,000

Answers

8
Hi Cody,
In order to answer your question more precisely, I'd love to know a little more about you. Your age and what you condiser 'outdoor recreation' . We have a couple of good areas for nightlife...Downtown - Las Olas & Himmarshee areas are by far the most popular for nightlife (in Broward co.) These areas are close to,the beach, fishing boating, golf, tennis, biking, running,etc. There are several popular neighborhoods close by that you may be interested in... Sailboat Bend is right downtown & is a historical neighborhood & has some smaller single family homes, as is Victoria Park & Rio Vista (if you search carefully) then there's also River Oaks, Tarpon River, Croissant Park, Lake Ridge, Poinsietta Heights & maybe ....something in Coral Ridge. I'll be happy to send you a link with some ideas, just pop me an email. Coming from Dallas you may be in for a little culture shock (everything's bigger in Texas!)... although as a Florida native...we think South Florida has a lot to offer too!
LindaSellsRE@bellsouth.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2008
Hi Cody: Linda gave you a good summary of the neighborhoods of Fort Lauderdale, my particular favorites are Coral Ridge Isles, Wilton Manors, and Victoria Park. I'd stick with these areas if you'd rather be near the beaches, then you can find some wonderful older homes, many of which have been completely upgraded, You'll be near some great shopping, the beaches, nightlife and some of the best restaurants around!

Don't discount going a little further west - we're in Fort Lauderdale all the time yet we live in Pembroke Pines - a suburb of newer homes 15 miles west of the beach. It's close to I-595 and I-75 and is wonderful for shopping. There are some super nice communities in there - if you're looking for newer homes in gated communities, complete with resort style pools, clubhouses, gym, tennis courts, etc. I'd recommend Pembroke Pines, Weston, Davie. Coral Springs.

There's so much to ask to narrow down your preference but you'd certainly be able to find a really nice home right now that will fit your price range. I'd love to help find the perfect home!

Don't hesitate to contact me. Do you plan to come down here before your move? When are you planning to move? Do you want an older or newer home? Is a pool essential? A garage? One or Two storys? See? I have as many questions as you do!

Angela
Villa G Realty
954-816-7996
Web Reference: http://www.villagrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 29, 2008
I agree with Linda Strickland. Las Olas and Himmarshee are great areas for downtown life. I live in River Oaks which has a great mix of young couples and young families. There is a good amount of young professionals in the area ages in the late 20's to early 30's.
Cody,

Our clients in a similar situation as you, coupled and without children, tend to prefer living in East Fort Lauderdale. Here's a link to some of the more popular neighborhoods: http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/neighborhoods/

In your price range, there are many great homes to choose from!

If you have questions about the neighborhoods or need help navigating the real estate market in Fort Lauderdale, please contact me.

Chad Gray, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
754-300-6040
Hi Cody:
Please check on the links below and you will see what is a good single-family homes neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale close to nightlife. There are 8 properties description for your consideration, one in Rio Vista and the rest in Croissant Park and Rivear Oaks just minutes to Las Olas Boulevard, Downtown, 17th Street Causeway and the beach. If you have any question , please feel free to contact me any time. Thanks

http://southfloridamls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=10863…

http://southfloridamls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=15198…

Angel Calzadilla
angelrealtor104@hotmail.com
(954) 632-3593
I noticed your "general area" zip code was 33315. I must concur. Shady Banks is a great area, however, you can also find a beautiful area in Fort Lauderdale called River Oaks (Yellowstone Park). This area is 2 miles walking distance to the Las Olas/Riverwalk intersection near downtown. It is north of SR 84 and East of I-95 (close to the hussle and bussle if you decide, but not spot on in it). The streets are adorned with mature and mighty oaks canapies. There are homes on and off the water (hence the name, River Oaks). You can most definitely find a home within your price range in this beautiful, charming neighborhood.
Shadybanks!!!
It's an awesome mixed community, just east of I-95 and off Davie Blvd. The entire neighborhood has about 500 homes, all small single-family with large yards; you can get a 3/2 in there right now for between 300K and 350K. The neighborhood itself has a single-entry in, single-entry out. It is bounded by the New River, and has 2 great public parks (one of which is a natural preseve located on the river; great for fishing and hanging out). It's a very mixed neighborhood; lots of couples/no kids, some families, and some older couples. You are able to bike ride to the beach or downtown, and it's an awesome tree-lined older neighborhood. One of the best kept secrets in Fort Lauderdale.

Check it out at http://www.shadybanks.org
Hi Cody,

there are a number of very nice neighborhoods that you may want to to look at. One of the finest in the City is the Coral Ridge area. It's very close to the beach, close to downtown and some of the best restaurants in the city. As a parent, Bayview Elementary School is one of the best schools in the area. There are also a number of private schools nearby as well.

If you would like to take a look at what Coral Ridge is all about, please check out this page on Coral Ridge:

http://www.robinashley.com/2008/05/14/coral-ridge-is-a-great…