General Area in Boston>Question Details

Trulia Boston, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

What is a fun weekend itinerary to bring out of town guests this Spring?

Asked by Trulia Boston, Boston, MA Fri Apr 5, 2013

Answers

4
Boston Segway might be the right kind of tour for you guests. Its fun, active and a great way to see the city upclose. I have tried it in San Francisco and Philadelphia ( cheese steak tour). Its easy to learn how to ride these things even for a cluts like me. Not for small children. Great for teens ( they'll even stop looking at their phones). Its a fun tour even for the locals.
Boston offers so many great options for guests - It's a beautiful city that offers wonderful music, sports, arts and dining. Fenway Park is always a great start because of it's historic significance. It's beautiful to walk along the Charles River where you can find both biking and walking/running paths. I would suggest visiting the newly developed Seaport District which includes the Harpoon Brewery, ICA (Institute of Contemporary Art) and many dining options. From there I would walk down the Greenway (It's feels like a retreat from the city) which often features an outdoor market during spring and summer weekends as well as different food trucks. The Greenway brings you right to Faneuil Hall full of street vendors and entertainers, and also to Boston's Italian Neighborhood, the North End. Make sure you stop at one of the many pastry shops in the North End (Modern Pastry, Mike's Pastry, etc)! I would suggest dinner in the South End - too many restaurants to count!
This question is almost a year old. I hope they were not at the marathon finish line.
Flag Tue Jan 28, 2014
You should check out Boston.com. They have a lot if nice day trip information and things to do around and in the city.
May 4, No matter what there will be good, fun and inexpensive food in town.

http://www.foodtruckthrowdown.com/