General Area in 01760>Question Details

Vania Gignac, Home Seller in Outside U.S.

What happens if an illegal immigrant uses my social security to get a job?

Asked by Vania Gignac, Outside U.S. Sat Oct 27, 2012

Answers

4
Did you provide it to them or did they steal it.

Either way it is against the law.

As Richard states below, they could ruin your credit and run up large debt that will make your life miserable trying to correct.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
You will receive the benefits and higher tax rate. However when you file your income tax IRS will want to know about the other income and when they check it they will find out that you have questionable income so you may end getting a prison time for tax fraud. It’s not really a good idea. You can talk to attorney immigration services to discuss this matter and help your friend getting a visa as well. An immigration attorney can help you understand the laws and can help you increase your chances of getting a visa and other legal documents approved.

http://www.jakemanlaw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
You now have extra contributions to your retirement?
I feel like the judge in My Cousin Vinnie:
Why is it a trick question?

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
I would start with the social security administration. Then contact the three credit bureaus about putting a fraud alert on your report to prevent credit being apply for fraudulently.