General Area in 11714>Question Details

Ed Hodkinson, Real Estate Pro in 11714

What else besides a inspection from a termite specialist can a person do to make sure that there has been no damage done to the insides of the house?

Asked by Ed Hodkinson, 11714 Mon Apr 25, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


In our area, homeowners do not fill out the Property Condition Disclosures.

Absolutely bring in a home engineer inspection service; if you need a referral for some really good ones, I can give you several names.

I will also be happy to discuss the entire process with you if you wish to call. 631-425-6150
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
You can get the assistance form a full service home inspection company. Ask the seller for the property disclosure information and see if there were any previous problems with termite or any other types of pest that could be of danger to the house.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Damage is a loaded word-are you talking about a foreclosure by any chance? Obviously getting all the inspections is recommended - property, chimney, roof, plus the termite.

However if you are concerned about unusual damage - e.g. cement down the water pipes, etc. - that's another matter altogether.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer