General Area in 95630>Question Details

Vania Gignac, Home Seller in Outside U.S.

What does "not looking for anything serious right now" means?

Asked by Vania Gignac, Outside U.S. Fri Mar 22, 2013

Answers

9
It could mean:

1. I cannot get approved for a Loan
2. I just want to eat your cookies
3. I am a multimillionaire and I tour houses when I am bored

Just some thoughts
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 22, 2013
It means either the girl or guy doesn't really find you attractive.
Or it could mean they aren't qualified for financing yet.
Or it could mean they are just looking to see what is available in different price ranges.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 22, 2013
Serious buyers have
1. Applied for a mortgage loan and completed the process of beng pre-approved by a mortgage lender
2. Narrowed their search to a couple of neighborhoods - usually based on Internet searches and "on the ground" investigation of schools, shopping, work commute etc.
3. Set up an online search with a Realtor so that an email will hit their inbox as soon as a new listing comes on the market that meets their specific buying criteria.
4. Sold their existing home, have their existing home under contract OR do not need to sell a home to buy a home.

As a Realtor who stays busy 100% of the time - I have to focus on these buyers.

Those who are "not looking for anything serious right now" can get in person or phone advice from me pretty much anytime they like. BUT - we are not going to go out an look at houses right now. Good listings stay on the market a couple of days - max. They are not going to be around if someone has not completed the above buyer preparation process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 22, 2013
It is very important to recognize these buyers and respond with low sales pressure. This is still someone who wants to buy a home. These buyers must be given information without sales pressure. ESPECIALLY if they are Generation Y. I specialize in first time home buyers and have several INFORMATIONAL systems in place to answer all of their questions in the "just looking" or educational phase. The business from this person is earned with trust, they will let you know when they are ready, just be sure to help them along the way and give them the information they want when they want it.
I HAVE closed a few of "these" buyers. Like buying a car.....sometimes you are out looking, not expecting to see what you want. Then you do!
Time will tell. As a professional, it is best to always qualify a buyers ability to purchase before investing your own time. Sometimes they don't even know what they would qualify for. It is in THEIR best interest as well.
I've been getting a lot of those lately. If they're not ready or qualified to buy, I tend to send them a list of open houses they can attend.
Sounds like someone is just testing the market and seeing if there is anything that interest them but they are probably not going to buy.
As a full time successful Realtor those are not the type of clients I take on and waste everybody's time.
Good luck to you.
It means "No, just looking."
It also means no sale.
I guess that depends on the topic. If real estate, it probably indicates a buyer who is in the very, very early stages of looking for a home. If romance, may be best to move on now.