General Area in Bronx>Question Details

Kathy, Home Buyer in New York, NY

What do you think of the Bronx in general? Would you consider it an "emerging" area?

Asked by Kathy, New York, NY Sat Sep 22, 2007

Do you think the Bronx is slowly being "revitalized" and has some investment potential over the next few years?

Answers

4
I've lived in The Bronx all my life and it is definetely an emerging market. You would do well to invest in any areas, especially in the Grand Concourse area near the New Yankee Stadium. I have some coop listings in these sections which has produced significant traffic from buyers.
There are several areas that are emerging. The Grand Concourse, one the Park Ave of the Bronx, is being renovated. Many art deco, large co-op apartments are coming to market. The area around the Willis Ave and 3rd Ave bridges is undergoing, finally after much talk, new condo bulding and conversion of loft space. These areas are very close to Manhattan and provide excellent value.
I currently live in the North East section of the bronx around throggs neck. It looks like throggs neck prices are falling faster that in other areas but i believe there is a reason for that. The bronx has definatly been emerging however it is very crowded with single family homes converted into multi-family. Parking for the train, quality of services, and cost of living are all on the rise. Although considerably cheaper than manhattan, the bronx is still an outer borough thus it does not provide the youth and night life one is seeking in manhattan life. If thats you, Brooklyn might be a better choice, but im speaking on hearsay not personall experience of brooklyn.
What type of investment are you seeking? The Bronx has had $1 billion in investments in 2007 and over 100 new addresses are being added to the Bronx, according to The Real Deal. I guess the general answer to your question of revitalization in the Bronx is "yes". However, I don't know whether this is continued real estate speculation or if the market can really handle the growth. From what I've read, the Bronx has been "emerging" for a while.

The Real Deal would be a great resource for you. I've included a link below. Type in Bronx and you'll get plenty of articles for your perusal.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2007