General Area in 20852>Question Details

Northbeth, Home Buyer in 20852

What are your thoughts on the development impacts on North Bethesda?

Asked by Northbeth, 20852 Thu Aug 13, 2009

Specifically, the high rise condos, new Whole Foods/Golds Gym across from White Flint Mall, and the new Montrose Parkway? Will this be a negative impact for 20852?

Answers

2
Sandra, actually I think it depends... if your property is right by the newly constructed montrose parkway... it could mean more traffic noise and more general traffic congestion. I currently live in North Bethesda and the area is already pretty congested (driving on a Sat. morning on the pike is absolute torture). Building a new Whole Foods, new Golds Gym, other new retail stores, more Condo high rises is only going to create more traffic in the area and with the added supply of these housing.... wouldn't it devalue the existing properties in the area?
I can't forsee the new development having a negative impact on North Bethesda. The new condos with the addition of an upscale grocery store and the expansion of the Montrose Parkway, it's a winning combination. If you live in the area, it may increase your homes value. If you don't --- get moving!