General Area in Austin>Question Details

KRISTEE LEON…, Real Estate Pro in 78734

What are your favorite restaurants in Austin?

Asked by KRISTEE LEONARD, 78734 Wed Jan 2, 2013

I am an Austinite yet there are still hidden restaurants that I find out about daily. If you have a favorite restaurant in Austin, please share. Some of my favorites are Uchi (sushi), Casa de Luz (organic, vegan), and The Plate.

Answers

13
Olivia is still my favorite. Its locally sourced organic and delicious. They often have wild game like antelope. The service is impecable and consistant. You can't beat that! The only thing I don't like is there is not much parking.

Hudsens on The Bend is great if your at the lake. Fantastic food every time!

The Salt Lick is fun with the family. Just don't forget your cooler!
The best mix of flavors and tastes are mixed with the perfect margarita here in Central Texas. These restaurants below are some of Austin's most notable. Try a true taste of Austin at:
Amy's Ice Cream
Catfish Parlor
Chez Zee
Chuy's
County Line BBQ
El Arroyo
EL Mercado
Guerro's
Hoover's Smoke, Fire and Ice House
Hudsons-On-The-Bend
Hula Hut
Hyde Park Grille
Kerby Lane
Koreana Grill and Sushi Bar
Magnolia Cafe
Moonshine Bar and Grill
Nutty Brown Cafe
I have really enjoyed the following:

Burger-Hopdoddy Burger Bar
Italian- Vespaio/Enoteca
Patio- Shady Grove
Small plates- Barley Swine
Mexican- El Mercado on S. Lamar
Wine Bar: Apothecary Cafe & Wine Bar
Beer Garden- Banger's
French- Chez Nous

Hope it helps!

Ryan
Essex Properties
Moonshine
Trudy's North Star on Burnet
Maudie's
Magnolia
Nanking
Hao Hao in Round Rock
I love Oliva's on South Lamar. It is all local, organic and beautifully prepared. They maintain several unusual items on the ever changing seasonal menu like Antelope chops or quail. They have an exceptional wine list as well.
Betina
Austin Home Girls Realty
Freda's Seafood Grille in Northwest Austin at Pecan Park & Hwy 183. Always good when I've been there. Andiamo's on Burnet Road for great Italian food and Italian wines.

Bill Friedrich
REMAX Heart of Texas
Rudy's is a staple and a myst at least ince a month or every two months. I'm a big fan of Cover 2 and 3, I like gge atmosphere and the food us great.

Joe Casey
Goldwasser Real Estate
I've been and lived all over the world and one of the finest restaurants I've ever been to, with regard to food, excellence in service, etc. is Uchiko. All of the others previously mentioned are very good as well. There are so many choices in Austin that are excellent, it's really hard to pin one down!
Uncorked on I-H 35 and 7th. It is Austin's version of wine bar. Great food, selection of wines(and Texas Beers), and an Austin Atmosphere with a great view of downtown to boot.
I highly recommend Aster's if you enjoy Ethiopian food. Tiny little place you could easily overlook with wonderful food and excellent side dishes. I've always enjoyed Mother's for its vegan fare (especially soups), though the atmosphere isn't the same since the garden burned down a few years back.
My Nebraska-born husband LOVES Tex-Mex! Our favorites are Chuy's (of course) and Matt's El Rancho on S. Lamar..
Uchi (sushi), Fresas (chicken), and Austin Land and Cattle (Steak)
Hands down is Trulucks on 183 near the Arboretum