General Area in Canton>Question Details

Kati Harrison, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What are the zoning laws in Canton, Tx?

Asked by Kati Harrison, Dallas, TX Thu Jan 17, 2013

I've just viewed a property with a 3,788 sqft building listed as a "Single-family home" and offering a "Prime Commercial Lease" under the facetious title "Studio House." This "studio" has not less than five overhead garage doors shown in the exterior images and there is no indication of domestication (no kitchen, for example) from the interior photos. There is no doubt that this building is intended for commercial use.

Is this property honestly acceptable for residential use? Also, I don't understand the terminology regarding the lease terms: long term, graduated, triple net lease. Is this a commercial lease? Can a commercial lease be used for a residential or mixed-use property?

Can someone help me make sense of this listing?
MLS/Source ID: 11865061

Kate

Answers

3
This is a commercial lease with graduated payments so initially you might be paying a low amount that would move up to $5000-6000 or more a month at some point.

I show this as a commercial building and I would imagine that it is not at all ready for residential living.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
For local city laws call City Planning Divsion.

But this is a commercial property and lease terms.

Ruth
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
The property you are inquiring about is not a residential lease. It is a service station on the corner of I-20 and Hwy 19. The zoning is defiantly not meant to be lived in.
BTW, I only found this under Commercial not residential. I could define the terms but it would not help you unless you wanted to run a service station with several mechanic bays. Feel free to contact me if you need additional information at EXIT Realty Pro. 903-567-7777 Mike