General Area in Fort Myers>Question Details

Valerie Berta, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What are the safe areas of Fort Myers, and the ones to avoid? I have two small children and want to buy a home

Asked by Valerie Berta, Dallas, TX Wed May 14, 2008

I found a house I like on Willard Street and wonder if this is a good neighborhood, especially public school wise.

Answers

2
Hello Valerie: the one thing I can ethically do is to get the number on Willard Street and do a free comparable as to the value of that perticular home and tell you how sound that investment is.You may call Lee County Sheriff Dept to found out how good that street is. As far as public schools are concerned just google Fort Myers Public Schools, that should give you a better idea. That will tell you how well the school is doing as far as grades, number of students per class et....
My suggestion would be to hire a professional Realtor who can find you a good home in a good location and who can also pre-view a few homes for you. That area where Willard is located is going through tremendous renovation ( I still would need to know the number) and is part of the downtown master plan prepared in 2002 by Andres Duany and which is transforming downtown and the River District street by street and is going through more work as we speak and will see more tremedous renovations for the years to come.
There is school choice here in Lee County. Have you had the chance to check out Estero? It is in South Lee County and is an incredibly nice area with lots of families. Great location as you can get anywhere in the area in a short period of time. Give me a call if you have any questions.