Jlb0149, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What are the nicest neighborhoods in Lake Highlands? Most upscale? Newest?

Asked by Jlb0149, Dallas, TX Thu Apr 16, 2009

Answers

4
Kevin Caskey’s answer
I live and specialize in Lake Highlands so I would love to answer your question. It is all based on price point...once your pricepoint is established then your question can be answered. The homes range from 1950's to new construction in the 500k-800k range. I do know an excellent builder if you are looking for new construction.

Please let me know if I can be of service.

Kevin Caskey
214-649-8440
I lived in Lake Highlands for 20 years and sell quite alot of homes there. While there is some new construction taking place the area is know for its' older homes. there are several distinctive areas ranging from 1950's construction to 1990's. The schools are a real draw and each area has its' own elementary school. All feed into one high school.

The main questions for you are what size home do you need and what price range are you in, would an older home that has been completely updated work or do you only want newer construction. This will help determine what area to look in.

I would love to help you in your home search,

MaryBeth Harrison
The Harrison Group
214-365-6500 office direct
214-535-8377 cell
mbh@dallasnative.com
Web Reference: http://www.dallasnative.com
I grew up in L. Highlands and know the area well.

In general the "newest" homes are of 1980's vintage, although there has been some tear downs of older homes and new construction.

White Rock Elementary is considered the best, Skyview generally the worst.

"L" Streets is super hot.

While the largest newest homes are near Forest Meadows Jr High- and Skyview- the closer you get to Forest Ln the dicier the area.

Although N of LBJ is still in L Highland HS district, I'd stay away from there. The homes are bigger and newer, but the values have not held.

Hope that helps, call me if you'd like to see the area in more detail.
With lake highlands I don't think the question would be of newer or more upscale areas. The area as a whole is not gonna have a lot of new construction. The distinction from property in that area would be determined on the upgrades and updating that has been done. As far as value my assumption would be that the land value is higher the closer to the lake you are and starts going down as you cross nw hwy and go towards 635. If you aunrepresented I would be happy to assist. A buyers agent comes at no cost to you and my absence of a large name broker allows me to rebate you 20% of my commission after closing.

Thanks for your time and don't hesitate to call
RJ
214-682-0598