General Area in Glen Rock>Question Details

cnr8803, Home Buyer in Franklin Lakes, NJ

What are the nicer areas of Glen Rock and Oakland, NJ ?

Asked by cnr8803, Franklin Lakes, NJ Mon May 28, 2012

Answers

9
We definitive decided to buy a house in Ridgewood or Ramsey..

Would you please tell me what town has a better neighborhood, better living ?

I saw a big house in Ramsey at the same price that a small house in Ridgewood.

What should I chose ?
Please help us,

thank you so much !!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
The Oakland, Franklin Lakes and Wyckoff area has tons to offer. Glen Rock is a bit different in many ways however still a nice choice too.. It all depends on your needs and what out of your community and town.

I can speak further to this if you would like as I have my clients in the area and do tons on mortgages there daily.

cbarris1@optonline.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 27, 2012
Thanks Mr. Barris !
Flag Wed Jun 27, 2012
We are looking the Glen Rock and Ridgewood area. My husband currently commute approx 2 15 min each way. Looking for a home to rent. 4 bedrooms. Any inpit regarding the schools with a special needs child would be helpful
Both towns have excellent school systems and I do not think you need have concerns about enrolling a special needs child in either town. As far as renting a 4 bedroom house is concerned these towns are not cheap but if you email me I will see what I can find that would meet your requirements
Flag Mon Mar 31, 2014
I am confuse.. please help me to decide schools and better living between Millford in Essex county or Bergen county living ?
Thank you so much,
Claudia
Ridgewood is a larger town than most of the surrounding towns so logically there are more houses for sale
. Ridgewood schools are amongst the finest in the state (in 2010 the high school was rated 20 out of nearly 400 high schools in the state).
there are a couple of small areas of town that have been subject to flooding in the past but nearly all the town is not a problem
Thanks Peter !!
Flag Fri Jun 22, 2012
Thanks to all. I got an idea of each town.
Can somebody tell me why Ridgewood has a lot of houses for sell ?
Is any flooding or school problems ?
Great question. I agree Glen Rock and Oakland are very different places. The most striking difference is in the transportation. Glen Rock has train transportation (see my website http://www.realestateagentdirect.us). Glen Rock has two rail lines at either end of a well defined Central Business District (CBD). The most desirable neighborhoods are near the CBD. However, the Brookfield Ave. area is walkable to the CBD. Prices in this neighborhood are lower yet houses are newer most were built in the 50's and a few are more recent. All of the areas in Glen Rock have a high walkability rating. My phone #201 835 4224. There are a lot of benefits to living here that I would love to talk to you about.
Thanks you James !!!
Flag Mon Jun 18, 2012
Glen Rock & Oakland are both great towns however they are both quite different. I've lived in Oakland for 24 years . Oakland, Wyckoff & Franklin lakes all share the same school disctrict- the Flow district stands for Franklin Lakes, Oakland, Wyckoff , it's an amazing school system,and a great town especially for families. Oakland is very commutable easy access to Route 208, 287, rt 17,rt4 which makes this great small town w mountains & lakes and wonderful schools accessible to the best malls in 10 minutes & ( depending on time ) to NYC In 20-30 minutes.
Glen Rock is a lovely town really quant & beautiful w many historic homes. There are a few areas that could be considered downtown w cafes ,restaurants and shops. Obviously there's so much more to say however I've babbled on, call me & I'll give the specs on all the towns in the area.

It really depends on your price point and the type of town you're looking for. I'd be happy to give you more specifics on these two towns and others in the area .
Give me a call 201-895-1768
Dianna Ivanov
Thank you Dianna !
Flag Tue May 29, 2012
Glen Rock is a real small town and there really are very little distinctions between the areas although some people complain about the smell of baking cookies at the Nabisco plant on 208 :)
there are a couple of small areas that flood and with 2 railroad tracks passing through some houses are a bit noisy as a result
Oakland is kind of similar - couple of areas especially on the west side of town are real close to the river and with Rte 287 passing through the center of town some noise is inevitable Apart from that its a beautiful town
Thank you Mr. Rogers.
Flag Mon May 28, 2012