General Area in Nob Hill>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are the drawbacks of living in Nob Hill?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Tue Oct 25, 2011

What are the cons of living here?

Answers

2
If you try to park here any time after six, bring a box of Kleenex. I guarantee that you will be crying with frustration. I have circled here for over 45 minuted on several occasions. Also, although there are bus lines that run here, if you don't drive it may take you a while to get anywhere outside your neighborhood. Don't live here if you like trees, because there are virtually none anywhere in the vicinity. Lastly, if you are trying to avoid people don't live here, chances are you'll run into someone you know.
Lots of positive things about the area after I spent 4 years living there.
Downsides are:
- Parking is very hard, there are a few paid lots in emergencies when you have visitors, but generally it's tough to get parking.
- There are a couple of convenience stores and a few restaurants, but not too many compared to Russian Hill, North Beach, etc.
- Wouldn't say there is a great sense of community in the area as there are many pied-à-terre units and the owners aren't there often.
- It's expensive for a small place.

Those are a few downsides, but for busy young professionals without family, I would definitely recommend living there in a heartbeat.