General Area in Hayes Valley>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are the drawbacks of living in Hayes Valley?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Tue Oct 25, 2011

What are the cons of living here?

Answers

3
Sharon C’s answer
Parking can be tough. When I lived there, I rented a garage so I didn't have to deal with it. That being said, you can find parking, but it's likely going to be a meter, 1 hour or 2 hour parking. The thing is, they keep making the 2 hour parking take up more of the day. When I moved in it went till 6PM, now it goes to 9PM. Be sure to look at the signs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 5, 2011
Really can't think of much if you have the money to afford the rent and play. If you are on a budget STAY AWAY because unless window shopping does it for you, you will only be making yourself unhappy.
Lower Haight has some crime, although it seems to be equivalent to crime levels in the Mission & the Castro. Parts of the Lower Haight are loud - with bar crowds on the weekends. Parking is difficult (though no more difficult than the other densely populated areas of SF)