General Area in Cleveland>Question Details

H, Other/Just Looking in 19131

What are the best neighborhoods in the Cleveland area for an executive relocating with his family? We are

Asked by H, 19131 Sun May 31, 2009

Looking for newer homes, friendly neighbors, top schools, and good resale potential in 2-3 years. Thanks!

Answers

7
As you can see, there are many good answers. As realtors, we are somewhat limited on what we can say or write as we can not "steer" someone to a particular neighborhood or school system. You have to make that choice. If school systems are an issue, a website was given in another answer. But generally, you have to start with East side vs West side. There is a South side. We can provide you with the information on any community you choose.

More important is the agent you choose. Donna has been a full time realtor for almost 20 years and has done relocation for all of these years at one time or another. She is cerified by The Insitute of Luxury Home Marketing, if this is a need for you. David has his ABR(Acrredited Buyers Rep) to better assist buyers in their search for their new home. We have lived in Ohio are entire lives and in Geauga County for almost as long.

Le us know if we can be of assitance to you.

Donna and David of The Toth Team
Web Reference: http://www.TheTothTeam.com
Hi H,

From your zip code, it appears that you'll be relocating from the Philly area -- Welcome to Ohio! As a transplant from the east coast, I've found that people in this area are far warmer, more approachable and friendlier and I'm certain you'll find the same to be true!

There are many communities with excellent schools and younger homes. As you can see from the variety of answers, there is no one "right" answer to this question. Generally speaking, you'll want to look toward a more suburban community for newer homes - and there are many from which to choose!

Many people find that one easy way to narrow down the miriad choices is to first focus on commuting distance to work. That will help you decide whether east or west side is a better fit. (curiously, Clevelanders do not recognize "south" as a direction - and north is, of course, the lake). Once you've established east or west, you can begin to narrow your choices by house style and price range, schools, recreational opportunities and other community features you find important.

If you'd like to discuss your options (and narrow down your choices in the process), please feel free to contadt me. I've lived and worked in the Cleveland area now for almost a decade and have helped numerous families relocate with as little stress as possible!

Best of luck!

Diane Norris, e-PRO, GRI, SRES
Keller Williams Greater Cleveland
216 408 0886
email: Diane@GreaterClevelandProperties.com
When it comes to Real Estate . . . Diane Delivers Dreams! :)
Web Reference: http://www.NEOhioHomes.com
There are lots of great neighborhoods. Of course, proximity to work will be a primary factor. In your question, you mention "newer". Overall, there is more "newer" subdivisions on the west side as opposed to the east side. But I am prejudiced to Highland Heights because that it were I live personally. I live in a golf course community of newer homes, many of which back to the course. Every time I come home, I feel like I am coming home to a resort (especially in the summer). I am very lucky. Highland Heights is also one of few areas on the east side with newer subdivisions. There is another newer subdivision in Pepper Pike as well. Solon, Twinsburg and Aurora also have newer subdivisions.

The median home prices were in yesterday's Plain Dealer. Highland Heights was one of a handful of areas where the median price actually rose (although the # of sales were down).

By the way, I moved to Cleveland 5 years ago and love it here. But there is one little nuance that an outsider finds amusing--the east side and the west side can be like "foreign countries" to one another. For the natives, you are characterized as an "east sider" or a "west sider". Although I've only been here for 5 years, I probably know more about the west side than my husband who was born and raised on the east side. I find it fascinating.

Of course, I would not be doing my job if I did not say "I'd love to help you find a new home". You can check out my website.
Web Reference: http://www.JanSullivan.net
I agree that Avon Lake would be a very good choice, as would Westlake, which also has newer homes and lower property taxes than some of the neighboring suburbs.

Here's a website that will help you evaluate the school districts in Ohio:
http://ilrc.ode.state.oh.us/Districts/Default.asp

I always advise my clients to do their research when it comes to schools. I love my school district, but some other folks don't...so it really is a personal choice. The state has taken a lot of guesswork out of the process by giving the school districts "Report Cards".

If I can help you in your search, please don't hesitate to contact me! sue@soldbysuegabriel.com or
440-925-2008,

Have a wonderful evening!
There are many great neighborhoods in the Cleveland area depending on where you need to be, west side, east side and your specific criteria and price range. . I personally specialize in properties on the east side of town but I also know a great agent on the West side of town that could help you. Feel free to call or email me with your specific needs. Linda Roby 216-403-0501 or lroby@kw.com
I have a partner that works in the Cleveland area that specializes in relocations . I can put you in contact with them, if you are interested. They can help you with all of the details of finding and purchasing the perfect home that you are looking for. Click on "contact me" under my photo at the link below and I can put them in contact with you. I am also available for any questions that may arise as well.
Speaking from experiance, Avon Lake is excellent in all your stated needs. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.liveinakron.com