General Area in Boca Raton>Question Details

Mialee1, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

What are the best communities in Boca Raton to live in. My price range is up to 1.8 million

Asked by Mialee1, Boca Raton, FL Fri Mar 18, 2011

Answers

37
Scott A Field, MBA’s answer
Hi Mia,

The real estate market is still very good for buyers seeking luxury homes in Boca Raton, although sellers are now seeing price increases and greater turnover. Most of the Boca Raton luxury property in the million plus range is in central and east Boca. Exceptional Boca Raton country club communities include St Andrews Country Club, Woodfield Country Club, and Polo Club, among others.

Communities that offer luxury homes in Boca Raton that do not require mandatory country club membership include Long Lake Estates, Woodfield Hunt Club, Long Lake Estates, Le Rivage, and The Oaks.

Boca Marina is a great gated community with waterfront luxury homes with ocean access. All of the aforementioned communities are gated. There are some outstanding large, newer luxury waterfront homes in Boca Harbour, on deep water canals very close to the Intracoastal Waterway.

There are also some great homes with large lots in Horseshoe Acres, and in Tierra Del Rey and Rio Poco just north of Boca in west Delray Beach.
Do you have children? I have lived in Les Jardins which is a lovely community for 24 years. It is in a great location convenient to 95, the turnpike, the mall etc. The lots are one half acre and it is guard gated. It is near all the best schools both public and private.
The best way to find out about Boca is to have some listings covering multiple areas with photos and virtual tours emailed to you. Have a look at all the detailed info such as maps, demographics, etc. than pick some out and let an experienced Realtor give you a tour of the ones you like. Hope this helps. Give me a call and I will make it effortless for you.

Joseph Santini
Coldwell Banker
Broker Associate
561.400.1855
JoeSantini123@gmail.com
http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Joseph.Santini
You can but a magnificent home in a gated community for way under 1.8 million. Check this on realtor.com 4550 NW 23rd Ct Boca Raton.
The website below will give you all the information that you need for Boca Raton such as:
- Community Info
- Crime rate
- Local Schools info & much more

http://www.homesforsaleinpalmbeachfl.com/mischool/zip/33496/

It even includes an option so that you can compare two areas side by side.

If you have any other questions, call me at 561-389-2449.

Evelyn Suarez
561-389-2449
Keller Williams Wellington
The link below includes all the homes currently for sale in your price range:
So many great communities in Boca Raton, depending on what's important to you! My husband and I specialize in Boca Raton luxury communities, including the country clubs. We have actual experience in several of them and presently happily reside in St Andrews Country Club for the past 6 years. My husband is a tennis player so with Aaron Krickstein (former #6 in the world) as Tennis Director, he's in heaven. I'm a wannabe golfer (no need to reserve a tee time & 2 18 hole courses for only 600 members) who likes swimming in salt water pools only and fine dining in both casual and formal settings (depending on my mood) so I'm in my glory. So ... it depends on what's important to you in terms of amenities, sports, activities, size & variety of homes, location and so many factors. My suggestion, call me and let's talk or come over and have lunch and we can can over the various communities and the strengths as well as weaknesses of each in light of your parameters. I'm sure we can easily narrow it down the communities for you and arrange for you to get some experience within those clubs ... and then, you can look for a house because you can always remodel a house, but when you put your roots in a community, it's better if it's a good fit for you and your family. Got personal here, but ... I feel strongly that with so many choices out there, go with someone like us who specialize in the communities and can answer those tough questions about each one. Don't settle for Club A or Club B or Community C without seeing the options.

Kathy Fineman
Kathleen.Fineman@elliman.com
#917-709-4957
Realtor Associate, Douglas Elliman
Hi Mialee1, some communities you may be interested in include Sabal Point, The Oaks, Boca Bath & Tennis, Boca West, Fieldbrook Estates, Lake Rogers Isle and Boca Harbour. You can visit our site for detailed information about each one of these communities. You can refine your search for your specific needs as well.

Caesar Parisi
Champagne & Parisi
561-998-9015
info@bocahome.com
Web Reference: http://www.bocahome.com
Greetings! Boca Raton is full of wonderful communities that will match any lifestyle. It honestly depends on if you are looking for a community close to the beach, a country club community, a community within a certain school district. I would really love to talk to you more about the specifics so that I can best assist you. You can contact me at 561 777 3463. You can also visit my website http://(www.bocadelrayluxury.com) where you can learn more about me and perform property searches. I am a luxury specialist with Sotheby's International Realty, and I have lived in the area for over 9 years. I definitely look forward to working with you. I just performed a very generic search within your price range. . .and some desirable developments that came up with homes active in the market were. . .Boca Bath & Tennis, The Oaks, Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club, The Sanctuary, St. Andrews Country Club, Boca Harbour, Les Jardins, Lake Rogers Isle. . .Depending on your other criteria, we will rule some out and add others in. Have a great night, and please contact me at your convenience even if just with additional questions. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Jessica
I would be happy to set you up to receive email alerts, when property comes on the market that meets your criteria. In addition to your price range, which you stated, how many bedrooms would you like, what is the minimum square footage you require, would you prefer a gated community, etc? Please email me a list of your specifications, along with your email address, and we can get this going for you. Feel free to call with any questions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Givoni
Givoni Realty Corp.
Phone: 561-361-8555
Efax: 786-345-5806
Email: amy@givonirealty.com
http://www.amygivoni.com
http://www.givonirealty.com
http://www.shortsaledepartment.com
Dear Mialee1,

Are you looking for Gated, Non-Gated, Country Club, Condo living or Waterfront? This will help you out:
http://www.agentboca.com/SWFL/boca-raton/

Miallee1, I hope this helps you out! Most of these will fit in your budget.
Always a pleasure!
Jennifer Sommers
Nestler Poletto Sotheby's International Realty
561.235.7777
Greetings! Boca is full of wonderful communities, some non-gated, most gated. . .It really depends on the lifestyle that you are looking for. Do you have a family where you are focused on best school district? Do you have a boat and would like to live in an intracoastal community? Do you golf regularly and want to join an equity community? Are you active and like to be within walking distance of restaurants and entertainment and the beach?

These are all important factors as Boca is diverse and there are different lifestyle opportunities if you live east or west. I would love to connect with you and get some additional information so that we can narrow down some great communities for you to further investigate.

Please feel free to contact me at 561 777 3463, and please, visit my website at http://www.bocadelrayluxury.com where I have a comprehensive list of Boca communities with detailed description.

Hope to hear from you,
Jessica

Hope to hear from you,
Jessica
This is a great question...but not the most important one you should be asking at the beginning of your home search.

There are many neighborhoods in Boca Raton that may interest you...but first, you should consider which real estate professional you want to work with and develop a relationship with. As a Buyer you should only be using an Exclusive Buyer Agent ( EBA). An EBA does not LIST any properties and has a fiduciary relationship with JUST THE BUYER. They never have a conflict of interest, never represent the Seller and are not transactional agents who work for themselves and do not have the buyer best interests as their motivation. To learn more about Exclusive Buyer Brokerage visit my website at http://www.OptimaProperties.com, the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents ( http://www.NAEBA.org), or the Florida Association of Exclusive Buyer Agent ( FEBA.org)

Florida Brokerages that have Listings with obligations to market and sell properties are known as "Transaction Brokerages". A Transaction Brokerage is simply a "facilitator" of a real estate transaction and by state law, does NOT provide Fiduciary Representation, Total Loyalty or Full Disclosure. These are all elements of an Agency / Agent relationship.

A Buyer Broker / Brokerage and its Exclusive Buyer Agents represent ONLY Buyers. A Buyers Brokerage NEVER have contractual obligations to Sellers. They have no obligation to present properties in the best possible light or to get the HIGHEST PRICE price.

Once you find the right agent to work with you can then narrow down the areas you want to focus on based on if schools are an issue, you want some neighborhood amenities such as gated access, clubhouse, neighborhood pool, golf, etc.
Dear Mialee1,

Lucky you...it's a great time to buy, and you can get some fabulous places right now in that price range.
Buying in the best communities are all relative, as the Realtor says below. I actually have a list of what I feel are the best communities on my website with additional information about each and the listings in each:

Are you looking for Gated, Non-Gaged, Country Club, Condo living or Watefront? This will help you out:

Sincerely yours,
Jennifer Sommers
561.819.2958
Web Reference: http://www.AgentBoca.com
Thanks for your response. How is the Florida market. Cape Cod is picking up!
Flag Mon Apr 15, 2013
Lucky you, you get to buy high then sell low....Buy some orange groves.
Hi Mialee. Nothing beats The Oaks of Boca Raton. Hi-end, gorgeous amenities only found in the best country clubs, but no country club equity fees to pay.

The models are beautiful, well thought out, construction is excellent, you'll love it.

Contact me if you haven't found anything, I'd be happy to show you the best homes in there.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
We've previously discussed the Oaks. You may also want to consider Long Lake Estates on Clint Moore Road, because most properties are on at least one acre, and Woodfield Hunt Club, which is midway between very east and very west Boca. In a separate e-mail, I have attached several homes that you may find worthwhile.

Marc Jablon, The JablonTeam
Realty Associates
marcjablon@yahoo.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Web Reference: http://www.JablonTeam.com
Mialee,

You are fortunate that you have several communities to choose from that will offer homes in this price range. You will need to define the lifestyle you are seeking first. You can choose to live on the water (Ocean, Intracoastal or canal), in a Country Club Community, or a single family home, gated community. Do you want a house, town house or condo? Are you a boater, golfer, etc.? Do you have children that you want to send to local schools therefore the school system will be a factor. How large a residence are you seeking? I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further on your interests and can then recommend areas for you to consider. I have worked in Boca Raton for over 25 years as an Exclusive Buyer Broker. Please take a moment to visit my website to understand the advantages of working with an ABR
My best advice is totally liquidate all of your holdings into convertible assets denominated in a currency that is appreciating against the US dollar. Do not buy until you have to absolutely buy. Let's say the time horizon is 3 years. You will get more house for $1.8M . Or the same house will be discounted by a minimum of 25%. At that point, liquidate your non-denominated US dollars and you will get another 20 to 30 points on the currency appreciation plus the return of investment. It's a no-brainer! Why buy a US property when in REAL MONEY term; the currency is being devalued. Its means that the asset is being devalued. Economics 101! Welcome to QE infinity, monetizing the debt, current account deficits and currency debasement. Instead invest in a factory, orange groves or farmland to increase domestic production and savings. Don't take any government handouts and you will do your country a big favor! The next generation will owe a debt of gratitude.
Your Canadian Neighbour
Mialee, in your price range you have many options for exceptional homes in Boca Raton. The selection in the current real estate market is unprecedented. There are some key questions that need to be answered to find the home that's right for you. Are there certain schools in Boca that are more appealing to you? Do you want to look at homes with acreage, or deep water homes with ocean access, country club homes or homes in other communities with amenities, or luxury homes with no homeowners associations? Do you prefer to be in East Boca, Central Boca, or West Boca? There are great homes in each area. I hope you enjoy your life in Boca Raton as much as we do. Our family has lived in Boca for over a decade, and we love it.
Mia,

So much depends on your lifestyle and needs, do you wish to be close to the beach, is a private golf development of interest, is boat access important, is a townhome or condominium a consideration and so many other questions. Azura, Bel Marra, Blue Water, Boca Bath and Tennis, Boca Hamlet, Boca Harbour, Boca Keys, Caribbean Keys, Enclave, Estancia West, Woodfield Country Club, Horseshoe Acres, Lake Rogers, Landings, Le Rivage, Les Jardins, Long Lake Estates, Mizner Court, Mizner Grand, Mizner Tower, Oaks at Boca Raton, Old Floresta, Por La Mar, Reflections, Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club, Sea Ranch Club, Spanish River, St. Andrews Country Club, Sun and Surf Club, Sanctuary, Townsend Place, Vintage Place, Windsor Bay the list of developments in your price range goes on and on.

So much depends on the locations and amenities that you prefer and understanding what your money will buy in, and around, those areas. Your best bet is to find a professional Realtor® to help you on this journey and the very first step is certainly a clear description of what you are trying to accomplish and put together a "snapshot" of what your perfect home looks like and what areas to concentrate. Your lifestyle, work location (if any), budget and a variety of other factors come into play.

A few recommendations I would make; I would tell you to not sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business. Second, never call a listing agent about a property they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal. Finally, I would recommend that you interview at least three qualified agents to assist you and select one who you feel will have your best interests as their primary goal.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent and would be honored to be on your interview list if you are interested in locating a true pro to make your housing dreams come true. I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Having lived and worked here for almost a dozen years, there are many terrific communities in Boca. In order for me to find your dream home I would need more information. Please feel free to either e-mail me, or call me at 561-306-2550, and send me your "wish list" and I would be happy to send you some listings of homes to see. Include in that "wish list" everything you would like in a home and a community. I look forward to hearing from you.
Caren Mostisser
The best community in Boca Raton for you will be the one you prefer. If you feel like talking to a realtor, please call me at 561-213-6139. If you don't feel like talking to a realtor (we're really not a bad bunch of people) please e-mail me at jablonteam@gmail.com. Or, contact any of the other excellent realtors who have responded to your question. Because we have myriad choices, it would be difficult to pinpoint one community that is "the best." However, if you search through my website at http://www.JablonTeam.com, you'll find it easy to look through every single subdivision in Boca. We offer country club communities, water front communities, gated and non gated family communities, and condominiums on the water or inland. The homes you will not find within a $1.8 million budget will be those directly on the intracoastal and those with the beach in the back yard.

Whatever your eventual choice is in Boca Raton, you have picked "the best" city to live in.
Hello Mialee1!

There are many great communities in Boca Raton to live in. You have choices from Country Clubs, Gated communities to Waterfront/beach/intracoastal communities. Knowing a little bit more of what you like to do and what you and your family’s interests are helps us give you a better idea and direct you accordingly.
"Best" is a matter of opinion. What is BEST for YOU is what is important and what I will direct you to.

I have lived and worked in Boca Raton for over 20 years. I know the city well and would be delighted to guide you and assist you in your search.

My best to you!

Alicia Lammersdorf
Realtor/BA/ABR/GRI/CIPS/CDPE/TRC
English/Spanish/Italian
Illustrated Properties
561-809-8328
http://www.ILoveBoca.com
Royal Palm Yacht &Ccountry Club ,Caribbean Keys, Harbour East....Boca Bath & Tennis ,The Preserve, Any gated CC ..St Andrews, Broken Sound , etc ....so so many ...

Audrey Viola , Aero Club Properties, Boca Raton
Audreyviola@comcast.net
Mialee-

Wow, I think you have a novel to read below, lol! There are many great agents that can find you a beautiful property in Boca Raton. Make sure that the agent you pick is knowledgeable in today's market, and can let you know how much Boca Raton is going to decline in the next year or two. If you would like the Kendall Team to help you with this, please give us a call! We can answer all your questions!

Carl and Michelle Kendall
Keller Williams, Kendall Team!
2424 N. Federal Hwy # 318
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Cell: 954-253-4105!
http://www.CarlandMichelle.com
Mialee1,

That is a great question and the answer is there are many excellent communities in the price range up to $1.8 million.

As an active Real Estate Broker marketing and selling homes in Boca Raton continuously since 1987 I have had the distinct pleasure of selling homes in some of the best communities Boca Raton has to offer. In the price range up to 1.8 million they vary distinctively.

Here are some great choices:
1) There are acre properties in western Boca Raton such as Tierra Del Rey that offer you the ability to roam.
2) There are country club communities that offer tennis, golf, or social memberships such as Boca Grove Plantation, Woodfield Country Club, St. Andrews Country Club and more. In many communities, but not all, there are initial membership purchases with annual fees additional.
3) There are properties specifically east near the water that draw buyers because of the location on the water for the boaters, golf course for those who want golf, and non-water or non-golf course lots for those who want neither. It is a fantantic community and is called Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club.
4) There are properties in The Sanctuary or Boca Marina which offer you the privacy of a gated community and the dockage for a boat whether you want to live on the water or not.
5) There are also properties that are not single family homes, but rather townhomes or condominiums that offer full concierge to no amenities which have absolutely gorgeous views and are truly spectacular if that is a possibility.

This is a brief list of possibilites and a starting point where we would discuss all the specifications, wants and needs, for that perfect home you desire in Boca Raton.

I VALUE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH YOU! I LOOK FORWARD TO SHOWING YOU ALL THAT BOCA RATON HAS TO OFFER YOU!

Contact me at your convenience on my cell or if you prefer you can email me.

V. Anthony Loffredo, Broker/Owner/Realtor/Estate Agent
8000 N. Federal Highway, Ste. 209, Boca Raton, FL 33487
FLhomesale@bellsouth.net
561-445-6555 (cell)

Successfully selling Boca Raton one property at a time! I look forward to meeting you!
Mailee,
Boca Raton is a wonderful place to live and there are many areas that may appeal to you. You need to define what it is you are looking for and may change your mind once you start to look at the different areas and what they have to offer. I would suggest you define some general criteria: home or condo, water or country club or gated community, number of bedrooms, general size of the home you would be interested in, and any features that are critical to you ( exercise room, media room, size of garage, size of lot, etc.). This will allow the Realtor you work with to design a "general tour" to introduce you to the areas that have homes that meet these general criteria. You should initially spend time understanding what each area has to offer you as far as ammenities and lifestyle and once you find a few areas that appeal to you, then focus on the homes that are available for sale.

You might also find that nearby areas may have properties that will interest you as well. Don't just limit yourself to Boca Raton...but consider Delray Beach, Highland Beach, Hillboro Beach, Gulfstream and Ocean Ridge, to name a few.

I would be more than happy to discuss your criteria and the commnunites that may most interest you.
As an Exclusive Buyer Broker I only work with Buyers and cover Palm Beach, Broward and Dade Counties to ensure that you are Introduced to the best areas to meet your needs.
Hello Mialee1,
I will try to be brief with my answer. The best community in Boca Raton to live in, is the one that has most, if not all of the features that you are looking for.
While your budget of $1.8 million will allow you to purchase a property in many communities in Boca Raton, it might not be enough to obtain your dream home.
If you are willing to share your thoughts call me at +1 (561) 542-7265.

Paolo Giacone e-PRO®
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
Boca Glades Office
Mobile: +1 (561) 542-7265
As mentioned earlier, the answer to the question has to do with your lifestyle and how that helps determine what you require from your home.

If you are into water recreation and would like something where you might be able to get a home with an ocean access dock you might want to consider The Sanctuary, the Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club, Bay Colony, Bel Marra, or Boca Harbor.

If you are looking for something where you get a large plot of land then you should consider Rio Poco, Fieldbrook or Boniello Acres.

Then there are other neighborhoods with beautiful estate homes like Les Jerdins and Long Lake Estates

If you want to have a country club lifestyle there are Woodfield, Boca Grove, St. Andrews, Broken Sound, and the Polo Club.

Maybe something unique like a classic Addison Mizner designed "Old Florida" home in the Old Floresta district.

If you want something newer then you should consider The Oaks.

As you can see, there are MANY options available to you. Therefore you need an agent that will listen to what your needs are, has the local knowledge to find the perfect home for you, and then has the experience to negotiate the best deal possible.

As a Realtor who lives and works in the Boca Raton luxury home market. I would like to offer my services to you. Please call me at 561-929-0428 or email me at markdoringpa@gmail.com to schedule an interview/consultation and we can get started towards your Boca Raton home purchase.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Doring, PA
West Real Estate, Inc.
561-929-0428
Dear Mialee1,

Best Boca Raton Country Club Communities: http://www.agentboca.com/index.php?option=com_content&vi…

Best Gated Communities in Boca Raton: http://www.agentboca.com/index.php?option=com_content&vi…

Best Condos In Boca Raton: http://www.agentboca.com/index.php?option=com_content&vi…

Sincerely yours,
Jennifer Sommers
561.819.2958
Web Reference: http://www.AgentBoca.com
PREMIER GATED COUNTRY CLUB:
4 bedroom, 4 1/2 bath 1-story courtyard home, large pretty pool and plantings, water and golf views, Vintage Oaks in Polo Club: 4604 living sq ft, courtyard with guest house. $1,799,000

BOAT DOCK ON CANAL (62-70' BOAT)
Caribbean Keys, 6 bedroom, 6 1/2 bath, 5222 living sq ft. Stunning deepwater Boca estate. $1,749,000

ONE BLOCK TO BEACH on about 3/4 ACRE
Spanish River Land 5 bedroom, 5 bath 4212 living sq ft home, courtyard house with guest house, pool. $1,795,000

and there are 34 other homes on the market in Boca Raton today priced from $1.6MM to $1.8MM.

Let me show them to you and find you THE HOME OF YOUR DREAMS!

Marilyn Jacobs, Berger Realty Group
561-302-3388
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
Hi Mialee1. Without having the benefit of knowing you or ever speaking to you, that's hard to answer. Do you like a country club lifestyle? If so, St. Andrews Country Club, The Polo Club, Boca West Country Club, Broken Sound, Woodfield Country Club and Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club are quite lovely. If you want to be near the water, the Sanctuary, Boca Harbour, Walkers Cay and Tunison Palm are beautiful. Other fabulous communites include: The Oaks, Les Jardins, Fieldbrook Estates and The Preserve, as well as many others. Boca Raton is definitely not lacking in really specially communities in which to live.

Are you looking to buy a home in Boca Raton? If I can help you with this please give me a call at 561-445-8743 and we can discuss what you like.

In the meantime, please feel free to look on my website - http://www.BuySellBoca.com.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
Web Reference: http://www.buysellboca.com
Woodfield Country Club, Saint Andrews Country Club are fine country club communities.
The Oaks, Azura, are non club communities.

Of course, in order to give you a reasonable answer one would need to know more about your wishes. Near the ocean, condo, country club, non-equity, are some of the first questions.

Use FloridaLuxury-Homes.com and go to the Boca Raton section. That should educate you quickly.

Good luck and enjoy the feeding frenzy of everyone seeing a number over a million.
What type of LIFESTYLE are you looking for? country club living: ocean-front property? Do you want a single family home? condo? how many bedrooms, baths? do you have any pets? children?

Let me know if I can assist you further in searching for your dream home!
That depends what you are looking for in a community. Do you want a golf community, do you want be on the water, do you want to be near good schools?

I would be happy to send you a list of properties currently available for you. In addition, I can set you up to receive email alerts when something new comes on the market that meets your criteria. If you would like to receive the email alerts, please email me your price range, town preference, number of bedrooms desired and any other information that is important to you.

Please call with any questions. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amy Givoni, Broker
Givoni Realty Corp.
561-361-8555
amygivoni@realtor.com
http://www.amygivoni.com
you don't have enough n money for the best communties....