General Area in Philadelphia>Question Details

Tolani Onigb…, Home Buyer in 20770

What are the best areas to look at in Philadelphia, PA if I want easy access to I-76, 95,Walt Whitman Bridge?

Asked by Tolani Onigbanjo, 20770 Tue May 19, 2009

I will be working in the Valley Forge/King of Prussia area and I want to stay in the city so I need to know what communities in Philadelphia I should be looking at that will allow me to get onto the highway quickly. I want to live in a relatively safe area and don't want to live directly in Center City. I am not from Philadelphia so I'm only somewhat familiar with the area from visiting on numerous occasions. Thank you to those who answer!

Answers

4
I would suggest West mount Airy or Roxborough/Manayunk they are close to King of Prussia
Packer park and any where between 16th, 22nd and oregon and passyunk ave will put you within 5 min of three easy entrances to 76/walt whitman bridge. I used to commute to New Jersey from 22nd and ritner st. Its a very easy commute and nice nieghborhoods with many price ranges. Parking will be the only problem.
Hello, Tolani,

If you want to stay in Philadelphia, here are my suggestions for you:

Southwest and South Philadelphia will give you very easy access to 95, 76 and the Bridge. It would also be a relatively easy commute to King of Prussia.

Most areas of Northeast Phila. also easily acces 95 and 76, however, it is a longer ride to the Walt Whitman Bridge and to King of Prussia.

Roxborough/Manayunk and East Falls are very far from 95. You could access it by taking 476 S, and then getting onto 95. Your commute to King of Prussia would be decent, but this would be on the lower end of my suggestions for you. Good luck.

If you want to check out home values for a specific place, visit http://www.carolworks4you.com and you can get a market report sent directly to you.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
215-643-9661
carolcei@remax.net
I think the Roxborough/Manyunk area will give you the easiest access to the Kof P/Valley Forge area as well as I76. South Philadelphia will give you access to all these highways and the bridges but further away from where you will be working. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Mike Rosania
Mercury Real Estate Group
215-462-5100 Office
267-879-3556 Direct