General Area in Chicago>Question Details

Trulia Chica…, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

What are the best and worst things about living in Chicago?

Asked by Trulia Chicago, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 13, 2013

Answers

7
Philip Sencer’s answer
The city, County, State are BROKE. They are incapable of fixing it because it has gotten out of control and the A hole politicians do not rally care since they have plenty of money(bribes-lobby influenced perks) themselves.
The quality of life.....schools/transportation/taxes are all having a slow, persistant never ending financial and pychological deterioration.
To change this will take more than we have the power/will to do. Since I am older, it will not affect me as much,but if I was younger, and know what I know today, I would NEVER make a decision to stay and get locked in to this mess.
There is nothing good that can counterbalance this crap!
Our culture is great here. We are defined by our many neighborhoods, sports, food, etc.

There is no down side!! we get all four seasons!
The pros are too many to list, but the best for me is the incredible people that live here. The worst is the political non-sense that exist to waste money and never fix any problems. It should not cost so much for people to live in this city.
Best things: Great food, White Sox, Bears, Blackhawks, overall culture, the lake, architecture, the women of course.
Worst things: Cubs, Cub fans, suburbanites, traffic and 5 or 6 months of winter.
Write it down.
oh my there is not enough space to tell you all the great things about Chicago..... the people, the museums, the lake front, the parks, Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, the sky line, and all the thing that are there to do within city limits and the surrounding larger metro area, there is no end to it......

The worst, well I am sure there is a list as well, but like with every large city to me it is rush hour traffic.
But all in all it is a super great Metropolitan Area to live, and the people are great.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
The best thing about Chicago living is the Cubs......the worst thing about living in Chicago is the Cubs!