General Area in 75040>Question Details

Glenda, Other/Just Looking in 75040

What are the advantages of living in a townhome?

Asked by Glenda, 75040 Fri Oct 1, 2010

I am living in a large home by myself. I am paying all bills with my inheritance. It is dwendling . Wanting to know if it would be better to get a townhome. Are the yards taken care of in the price? WHat about utilities,

Answers

5
Are you talking about leasing a townhome or purchasing a townhome?

1. Townhomes are multi family dwelling each have their own property design some have no yards while others have yards.
2. Most townhomes yards are nothing more than a "weed wacker" and the HOA would take care of the front.
3. Few townhome communities take care of the fenced and enclosed areas.

If you are searching to lease or purchase contact my office where I can interview determine what are your better options. If you are searching to purchase you need be qualified for a loan which governs how a realtor can represent you.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
The major pluses I see are that yes, there is much less to care for than in a traditional single family home and you're buffered from extreme temperatures. Depending on where you're looking there are some fabulous deals to be had now too.

If you don't already have an agent representing you in your search and negotiating I'd highly recommend you get one. They can point you in the right direction.
My favorite advantage is that nearly everything outside of the front and back door is taken care of. The fees for these services are typically paid via the HOA fees. Every HOA is different, and you need to contact the one where you find a townhome you like to see what the fees are and what they typically include.

I have not seen many that get involved with the payment of utilities, but they do exist.

Townhomes are generally cheaper, but not in all cases.

If you are seriously considering moving, I would put your home on the market ASAP if you need to sell first.

Good luck to you!
It's cheaper to buy instead of a single house.
The HOA is paid in addition to your mortgage and it does cover the outside yards/landscaping and upkeep of swimming pool on property, if applicable.. Each property is different therefore it's difficlut to say but some of the properties pay for water and or sewer and or garbage, and or basic cable. Utilties are not usually covered and it shouild be considered part of the expenses. You wouild have to get this from the HOA. Nows the time to buy, if I can help you further let me know
Glenda, it depends on the Homeowner's Association in the subdivision you choose. They typically do not pay utilities. I would be glad to have one of my agents contact you. You can reach me direct at 972-824-1559 or Melba@MelbaDavis.com
Web Reference: http://www.melbadavis.com