Trulia San F…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What are some unusual living spaces in San Francisco?

Asked by Trulia San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Wed Nov 21, 2012

Such as converted churches, unusual warehouses, houseboats etc.

Answers

3
I agree with Toby that the Oriental Warehouse and Clocktower Lofts are unique and unusual living spaces. Although converted churches are rare the one in Dolores Park was recently bought by a school and will be converted into the same so no living spaces there I'm afraid.

Some other conversions properties that I really like at Homes on Esprit Park, originally home to Schilling Wine Cellars. It was taken over as the headquarters for Esprit clothing company in 1972 and converted into its current state in 2006. Just a block away is Potrero Square Lofts. Also built in 1906, it was a liquor and wine warehouse and bottling plant until being converted into 58 loft homes and 4 live/work units in 1993.

For more information or to tour any of these unusual homes, call me at 415-562-6999.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 21, 2012
And don't forget about a couple of firehouses converted to living space in Pacific Heights, Noe Valley, Clarendon Heights (and I believe one in Mission Terrace) .....Also there are loft style condos in Pacific Heights on Bush, Oak, Sutter and next to the temple on Ellis.

:0)
Sally
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Converted churches are rare; although there was one over by Dolores Park that sold recently. You'll find most converted warehouses in the South Beach are of SoMa - the Oriental Warehouse and the Clocktower Lofts are two of my favorite buildings. There are some houseboats along Mission Creek bordering Channel Street just of 4th, but they rarely come on the market. Feel free to contact me if you're thinking about exploring some other unusual living spaces.

Toby

Toby Jackson
Better Homes & Gardens/Mason-McDuffie Real Estate
2200 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Mobile: 415-627-8200
Office: 415-921-0113
http://www.bhghome.com/JacksonHomes
DRE#01798961