General Area in Raleigh>Question Details

Mary LaFon, Real Estate Pro in ,

What are some neighborhoods in the mid 200s to the mid 300s that are walking distances to both lakes and shopping center in and around Raleigh, NC?

Asked by Mary LaFon, , Fri Jul 27, 2012

My first question to you would be , for what purpose do you want the lake? Boating, water skiing, fishing, swimming or just as a background. The problem I see is that the major recreational lakes here are also watersheds and used as drinking water sources. Therefore you don't find any real building right on them and off the top of my head can't think of any that would allow both shopping and lake access via walking. Communities I know of that have lakes and possible walking distance to shopping could include Preston and Lochmere in Cary, Heritage in Wake Forest. Another alternative might be to live along the Neuse River. I have the Neuse in my backyard and enjoy fishing and kayaking. I can not however walk to shopping with exception of a small convenience store. I do know of a house about a 1/4 from me situated on the Neuse where its only a couple of miles to major shopping that would be in the price range you are inquiring about.

If I can be of any help to you, don't hesitate to contact me. You may also visit my website at:

Ernie Behrle
Northside Realty

Heritage Wake Forest may fit what you are looking for.

use my Web reference below to search for homes

and I will be happy to help

Tom Bohlmann
Allen Tate Realty
Wake Forest NC