General Area in Phoenix>Question Details

Trulia Phoen…, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

What are some indicators of an up and coming neighborhood, other than Starbucks?

Asked by Trulia Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ Fri Nov 16, 2012

Answers

4
Some key economic indicators can really help. Take Surprise, AZ for example, it has the Sun Cities To the North and West of it which are made up of thousands of snowbirds who infuse millions of dollars into the Surprise economy monthly. Also, Luke Air Force Base to the South. Luke Generates Billions into the local economy every year! These 2 areas have really made Surprise a more stable market than many other areas near Phoenix. What neighborhood are you referring to specifically? Let me know and I can generate a report on it for you!
This information can be found with the US Census

Unemployment data for increases in employed areas
Change in wages as well as change in personal income
Population growth

Jay Khan
One Stop Realty
480-747-0444
Here is an article I found that might help:

http://www.moneycrashers.com/spot-up-and-coming-neighborhood/

Feel free to contact me at 602180892 and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
Trulia thank you for asking that question. If by up and coming neighborhood you mean activity then local schools, businesses, shopping and housing markets on the increase would be a good indicator of an up and coming neighborhood. Checking with the city planning and city reports to see what businesses are looking to move into the area. What area's are slated for new development with restaurants, shopping and activities are another indicator.

When searching it's always best to look for what's important to you. What one person believes is a good indicator someone else may deem as not.

Have a great weekend and when thinking real estate in the Phoenix market, keep me in mind.

Debbie Nieman
Real Estate Professional Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239
diverdebi@cox.net

http://www.diverdebi.com