General Area in Branchburg>Question Details

Ellen, Both Buyer and Seller in New Jersey

What are people like in Branchburg and Bridgewater?. Friendly, down-to-earth and community-oriented?

Asked by Ellen, New Jersey Fri Sep 28, 2007

We are relocating from the West Windsor/Plainsboro area to be closer to our jobs. I would like to find another friendly , relaxed place free of some of the snobbism that comes with the highest priced areas in North Jersey. I am selling a single family home and looking for a large townhome. We have two college age children. we need to be within 40 minutes of Basking Ridge/Bernardsville, so would welcome any other suggestions about areas that would fit our style. Thanks!

Answers

5
Hi Ellen, hope to answer your inquery.............I am guessing that the 40 minutes you mentioned, from Basking Ridge/Bernardsville may be your place of business?..........there are wonderful communites that you would love well within 40 minutes and they all have their "speical" town functions...........besides the 2 mentioned, you can investigate Bedminster, Readington and much more........I would suggest keeping you close to the 287/78 corridor which the above towns mentioned are if I am correct in your job's position.............I work in all areas as well as reside in Bedminster........depending on what you are looking for in a townhouse would depend on which areas may interest you.......The Hills in Bedminster for example have great ammenities such as pool, tennis, full gym, biking and jogging paths as well as a golf course...........please let me know if I can be of further assisstance

Debra L Stagg
Hills & Valley
Office: 1031 Route 202, Branchburg, NJ
I would also like to add, that I have found the people in Bridgewater very friendly. We've lived in our neighborhood for five years. They do an annual block party, and I have met lots of nice people out walking, too.
Ellen, Bridgewater and Branchburg are both wonderful places to live as well as Martinsville which is a small section of Bridgewater. Basking Ridge and Bernardsville, as well as Far Hills, and several other great communities in Somerset County.

I am a realtor in Somerset county and would love the opportunity to help you locate a new home in these areas. I know them fairly well, and could be of great help to you.

Sincerely
Dianne Senko
Prudential Fox & Roach
dianne.senko@prufoxroach.com
I love Bridgewater and Branchburg! Both are excellent locations, providing easy access to major travel routes. Bridgewater Commons mall is very convenient - has range of shopping choices but not the super-expensive high-end like Short Hills. We have all the bix box stores close by, plus lots of independent mom & pop retailers. Downtown Raritan Boro and Somerville have old-fashioned Main Streets - very charming. Lots of good restaurants. I don't find this a snobbish area - I find it very diverse and down-to-earth. You will have a choice of many different kinds of townhomes in the immediate area, and elsewhere in Somerset Cty within your desired commute to Basking Ridge. I would be happy to help you find a home...I am an experienced real estate agent and I live in Bridgewater. http://www.JohannaWiseman.com
NJ is a great area in General! Both areas are great places to call home. I would recommend driving around the areas and checking into the area

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2856743-basking_ridge_…
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-477609-bernardsville_n…