General Area in San Jose>Question Details

Manisha, Real Estate Pro in Fremont, CA

What are good areas in San Jose to buy property?

Asked by Manisha, Fremont, CA Mon Apr 30, 2007

I see that San Jose is a big city and has many neighborhoods. Any suggestions which ones are good for property investments?

Answers

16
Are you looking for rental property? What price range are you looking at and what are your goals for purchasing property for an investment?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 2, 2008
I love the North Valley Berryessa neighborhood, great schools, lots of open space, Hiking trails, Community center/senior center, The homes in this small foothill community go pretty quickly.
If you would like to see what my neighborhood has to offer let me know.
Hope this helps.
Denise Stuart
Coldwell Banker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2007
What is your most important objective capitat growth or investment income? For capital growth look for areas that are currently close to the high demand areas, so rather than Campbel look at Cambrian, instead of Los gatos and Saratoga look at Campbell. For rental income then Blossom Valley and Almaden. Depends on what your budget is and your time frame.
Web Reference: http://www.rwwindsor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2007
Hi Manisha, it really depends on what you are looking for in a home or an investment and where you travel to and from for work and if you do so in the commute time. The market is unusual at present as we have areas which are still a seller's market some areas which are flat and some definite buyer's market areas. If you need local info you can find some helpful stuff on my website. Basically though there are very good investments to be had all over this city and within the buyer's market areas I would think Evergreen should give some really good value choices.
Web Reference: http://AlanGregg.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 28, 2007
I live near Evergreen college for 8 years. I like it because it is quiet and it has a new library. elementary school is good, too
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 18, 2007
This depends on what exactly you are looking for. If you are single downtown would probably appeal to you and it is up and coming. There are many parts of town where you can buy a cute bungalow or a great townhouse or condominium. If you work downtown there are areas that are walking distance to theatres and great restauraunts and the Martin Luther King Library. If you have a family and are a first time homeowner there is the Cambrian area with great schools. If you want to talk about bedroom communities contiguous to San Jose that is a different conversation!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 18, 2007
Parts of San Jose with good schools do well: Almaden Valley (certain sections), West San Jose with Cupertino schools and Lynbrook High, Country Lane area, Willow Glen, Evergreen (certain parts), etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2007
Almaden valley and parts of evergreen areas are worth checking.
Web Reference: http://www.sanjose.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 30, 2007
zip code 95129 , 95117
I prefer zip code 95129, top schools, close to Cupertino ,Saratoga, top Lybrook high school
Next is 95117/95130,95008 Moreland school district , elementary school is good.
These area are very good to the work place, center of Silicon Valley , Santa Clara, no more than 30 minutes local to work.
Web Reference: http://www.ira4land.com
Hi Manisha,

Not sure if you have a family and have school district concerns. But here are some great areas in which to look. Saratoga, Los Gatos, Silver Creek area of San Jose, Mission area of Fremont. These areas are very marketable and have great school systems, and great for the commuter to silicon valley.

If you want more bang for you buck, definately check out the South Bay. Morgan Hill, San Martin and Gilroy. Just all depends on what kind of commute goals you have.

Lots of luck to you...
I would put my vote in for Rose Garden and Willow Glen. I prefer areas that have charm, and other areas of San Jose just don't have as much as these areas. The variety of architechtural styles and history of the Rose Garden area is what it makes it most attractive to me. With a close proximity to downtown, quality restaurants, cafes, and other activities, it makes it more desirable to me than other areas of San Jose where strip malls and 1960's-1980's architechture is predominant.
Web Reference: http://www.bluenhd.com/
Good areas tend to follow good school ratings. There are exceptions. Almaden, Silver Creek, Willow Glen and the Rose Garden are know to get great areas. If schools are important to you then that will limit your search. Sometimes a demographic search will tell you the amount of crime for an area. Best to hook up with someone knowledgeable in the different areas.
There are the most desirable well known and high priced areas such as Willow Glen, Rose Garden, Silver Creek and Almaden. Then there are the up and coming markets where there is a wide variety of quality with a lot of home owner investment and development bringing more new buyers with more money and moving the neighborhood into a higher tier of desirability such as Japan Town, Cambrian, Blossom valley. I see these areas having the most upside potential for the now-buyer.
You should probably concentrate on areas that have good school districts, as historically they have been the ones with the most appreciation and best able to withstand the occasional downturn.
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Beverly Hills, CA
Determine your priorities first: strictly investment/appreciation? do you plan to live in it yourself? schools? In a market like this, the areas that continue performing are those with the best public schools, such as West San Jose (Lynbrook High) and Moreland schools. Willow Glen is a wonderful family neighborhood, although schools are not so great, and parts of WGN are still essentially Downtown. If you like restoring historic homes and palling with politicians, 95126 (Rose Garden) is good, too.
North Valley used to be very good. Not sure how it is now.