General Area in Indianapolis>Question Details

Andy, Other/Just Looking in Indianapolis, IN

We want to move to Indianapolis from the uk with a young family. We want a nice area to raise a family with a sense of community and good schools.

Asked by Andy, Indianapolis, IN Sat Sep 12, 2009

Answers

5
Mariam Rahmani’s answer
Andy,

If you could tell me where from the UK you are from I can provide a few similiar communities. My spouse is from England (Devon) so I am familiar with the British culture.

There are communities in the suburbs and metropolitan area. Suburbs- Carmel, Fishers and Zionsville all have great school systems (recently ranked high for testing scores, etc) and if you are interested in more of a "city feel" there are terrific charter/magnate public schools in the city. You can still find a close community feel in Meridian Kessler which offers a selection of private, charter and magnate programs (which I can explain the difference further if you wish). Below I will do a quick breakdown-

Carmel- Suburban, great school system with high testing scores, quite large
Fishers- Same as above
Zionsville- Better school system than the above two, may have an even more community feel

Meridian Kessler- City, good school options, great neighborhoods, diverse architecture

Feel free to contact me if I can be of futher assistance- mariam@mrahmani.com or 414-9770.

Mariam Rahmani
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 13, 2009
For the last several years Fishers (which is a suburb of about 70,000 northeast of Indianapolis) has been recognized by Money Magazine for being one of the top best small communities. Hamilton County also has received recognition for its schools. Of course, there are many neighborhoods around the Indianapolis area that receive rave reviews for a variety of reasons. I have some articles about various neighborhoods - some which I have written for a local magainze - about many of these neighborhoods which may give you a good overview of the area. Not sure how many times you've visited or what's bringing you to Indy, but I'd be happy to provide some resources to help you begin the search.

If you'd like the information either e-mailed in a pdf, or sent by mail, just send me your address, and I'll get it to you this week. You can reach me at Laura@talktotucker.com or 317.702.0058.
I’m not going to tell you I am affiliated with one of the top Century 21 offices in the world, or I can help you because you already know I would love to help you. I would like to offer you a free relocation package, and when you have looked over the package if you would like to interview one another just drop me an e-mail.
Best of luck,
Dan Baize
CENTURY 21 Realty Group I
dbaize@c21rg.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 12, 2009
Andy,
I did a quick cut and past of one of our companies promotional pieces. It's easier to promote a community when everyone else is saying it too. Check out the publications below. I have resided in Noblesville for 35 and have been a broker for 17 years. I can attest to what these publications are saying. Other communities such as Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, are all located in the same county as Noblesville and share similar traits. I think you will find there is a lot to offer here. You can reach me at eric@karrfalt.net and I can get more information to you as I can't attach a file on Trulia. I'll look forward to hearing from you -Eric
Eric Karrfalt
F.C. Tucker
eric@karrfalt.net
317-590-8783

Family Circle
Magazine,
August, 2009:
names Noblesville
as one of the
“10 Best Cities
and Towns in
the Nation for
Families”

Money, 2009:
names Hamilton
County as the 11th
best county in the
country for job
growth over the
past 8 years and
recognizes both
Noblesville and
Westfi eld.

Fortune, 2009:
names Noblesville
#10 on the
list of the “25
Best Places
for Affordable
Homes”.

Best Places to Raise Your Family, 2007:
names Noblesville
#10 in the country

Forbes Magazine,
2007: names
Noblesville 87th
“Fastest Growing
Suburbs in the
Country”

Business Week,
2007: names
Noblesville one
of the “25 Most
Affordable
Suburbs in
America”

Indiana Chamber of Commerce,
2008, names Noblesville "Community of the Year".

First Lady Laura Bush, 2008:
names Noblesville as 1 of 10
“Preserve America Cities” in Indiana
Noblesville
a great place to call home…
We have served Central Indiana for 36 years and would be happy to work for you. We are not a franchise, we are independent. We do not have companies affiliated with us. We use only the best companies for mortgage loans, title insurance, surveys as well as home owner services (we do not accept kick-backs). Please visit http://www.cashrebates4homebuyers.com to save a bit of money in the process.