Eltm181, Home Buyer in Boynton Beach, FL

We're thinking about buying a house in Canyon Trails, Boynton Beach. Any advice, comments, or suggestions? Any satisfied buyers?

Asked by Eltm181, Boynton Beach, FL Tue Feb 5, 2013

Answers

16
Thanks everyone for your helpful insights. I've purchased the home at Canyon Trails and can't wait to move in!!!
congrats, you moved quick on it. Can you give any tips on what you liked and didnt like?
Flag Mon Jul 22, 2013
I saw your profile on Trulia. Congratulations on your new purchase. I've got a house listed in Canyon Trails at 8452 Calabria Lakes Drive, a very desirable street in the neighborhood. If you know anyone interested please bring it to their attention. It's a 5 bedroom 3 bath two story home with great water frontage, the Jamaica model. My contact information is below incase you might know anyone interested.
Talbot Sutter
561-512-8505
talbotsutter@gmail.com
Illustrated Properties.
Flag Thu Jun 6, 2013
Canyon Trails is part 4 of the Canyon Collection. Canyon Trails community is close to A-Rated Sunset Palms elementary. Coming soon Somerset academy charter school for grades 6-12. Most of your shopping and dining is conveniently located at the Canyon Town Center. Turnpike access .is only approximately 3 miles. I do recommend the Canyon area. Its a great place to live and raise a family!

Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 561-707-1962

Highest regards,

Michael Tanner ALH CDPE
Tannergroup@yahoo.com
561-707-1962
Keyes Co Realtors
Make sure you thoroughly read the HOA documents GL Homes has created one of the most restrictive HOAs that in some parts is just some GL Attorneys personal bias - for example under "animal restrictions" they not only have the usual (and expected) "leash rules" but they also restate the Florida rules on "dangerous dogs" PLUS add in their own personal list on Breed Restrictions. They list "Pit Bulls, Rotweiller, Cano Corso and Doberman Pinschers". When I questioned this list to the HOA they told me that they were not open to any modification. I did some research and found that the CDC and American Veterinary Medical Associatin published several reports on Dangerous Dogs. They also list Pit Bulls, Rotweillers, German Shepherds, Huskys, Wolf Dog, Malamute, Doberman, Chow Chow, Great Dane and St Bernard. This top 10 list is based on dog bite fatalities over 20 years. So you know, a Doberman is part of my family and despite being #7 on this list, GL Homes Refuses to even allow discussion on "How" they came up with their list of 4 breeds, They leave off #3, 4, 5 and 6!!! Beware what other items are in their standard HOA docs or what may become bad decision making on your behalf

Sadly GL Homes lost another potential buyer because they do not listen to their customers and did not do their research.
I am not an agent, but I do live in Canyon Springs, and we spent a lot of time looking in this area before buying. I think Canyon Trails is over priced. You are right next to the turnpike, and from what I have seen, you get more for your $ if you buy in one of the established neighborhoods. Canyon Springs homes are no more than a few years old, a good distance from the turnpike and soon to be connected to Delray via Lyons Road. Look at Springs first!

As for all of the GL developments - they are not the best quality. Many of the finishes are a bit cheesy and/or cheap. However, you can get a large home for a good $/sq foot.
Canyon Springs had the Chinese drywall problem. I'd rather live next to the turnpike than touch a Canyon Springs home with a ten foot pole.
Flag Sun Dec 15, 2013
I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Canyon Trails from the homeowners. Very family oriented community that is in a less congested area of West Boynton Beach. Their are a lot of great deals to be found within the gates and I am sure once you have been inside you will love it! GL. Homes is a great builder as I have worked with them in the past. Good Luck in your ventures and If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
If you're buying a home in Boynton Beach and looking for satisfied buyers in a community, you will find them in any of the Canyon subdivisions. GL Homes is known for their excellent product not only in Canyon Trails, Canyon Isles, and Canyon Lakes in Boynton Beach, but also in the well known Valencia subdivisions in Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, and Lake Worth that cater to those who are 55 and older.

Ask your Boynton Beach real estate agent about new construction in Canyon Trails or resales in any of the Canyon communities.

If you're looking for great decorating ideas for your new Boynton Beach home, ask your Boynton Beach realtor to take you through the Canyon Trails home models or the Valencia Reserve home models

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Canyon is very nice and the area is growing fast. Check out canyon springs as well. Be aware some homes have Chinese drywall. If you would like more info or I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate and contact me with any questions.
Rosalie Klein
Signature international real estate LLC
http://www.signatureflorida.com
561-404-8282
you will be very happy with this choice. GL builds a beautiful home.

I've sold several homes in the Canyons and in Greystone (another GL community).

My customers are all happy with their choices.

GL builds a good quality product and their Canyon homes are very family oriented. They have many activities for children and parents alike.

There is a brand new Publix shopping center right on Boynton Beach Blvd. You have the new Bethesda West hospital being built on Boynton Beach Blvd. There's a brand new elementary school on the corner. And, you have easy access to the Florida Turnpike and SR7. The entire area is growing by leaps and bounds.

As you know there are several Canyon communities that have already been built. Many have resales that you may be able to purchase at a much lower price than something brand new at the Trails.

Please give me a call and I will be glad to help.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Dear Eltm,

GL Homes has been successful because they put out a quality well priced product and their Canyon Springs development in Boynton Beach offers great value. I hope that you are being represented by an agent watching out for your best interests as going it alone can have it's pitfalls and having someone who knows to guide you through the process and make sure you are making wise longer term decisions when it comes to options and lot selection is very important. So is the knowledge of what GL has been selling homes for as they have been raising them. In less than two months they have increased the price on some models and these are not insignificant increases.

Buying new has it's benefits but make sure you have done your homework and are making the best decision as we are seeing more new construction throughout Palm Beach County and buyers are loving the opportunity to snap up the best features; especially impact glass. Do not build a house without it! The market has been red hot and Canyon Trails is a perfect example with very strong sales and I have a full recap of the subdivision so if you would like a copy feel free to send me an e-mail. One thing you have to watch if you are having a home built as this can take a number of months and we are seeing upward movement in interest rates so if you are borrowing this can be significant. Just last week they jumped to the highest level we have seen in 6 months and you may want to read my article on that subject in the link below;

http://www.trulia.com/blog/tompriester/2013/02/interest_rate…

The best thing you can do is locate a qualified Realtor who can assist you in showing you the ideal neighborhoods that meet your needs and properly assist you in locating the best new opportunities. In this market you have to be ready to act quickly when the right opportunities present themselves. I would enjoy the opportunity to be on the list of Realtors® you interview be very happy to work with you towards meeting your goals. The current market is really a perfect storm and in my opinion Florida real estate in the right location is one of the absolute best investment opportunities we will see in our lifetimes.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
In my opinion Canyon Trails, as well as the G.L. Home communities that have been established in the Boynton Beach area offer a lifestyle as well as community amenities that are hard to beat! Beautiful floor plans and an option list to make your dream home complete!

Just curious.....have you had an opportunity to look at re-sales in nearby surrounding communities of Boynton Beach or Unincorporated PB County/Western Lake Worth? I find that once a buyer finds a community that fits their needs, the rest is easy. Location has and always seems to be the most important deciding factor when choosing a home, and each community presents it's own unique appeal.

Have fun looking and if I can be of assistance, please contact me.

Joan Dembroski, Realtor, ABR, CDPE
Realty Associates FL Properties
561 758 3511
joandembroski@bellsouth.net
I am familiar with all of the GL Homes communities and my partner has 30 years experience with residential developers in South Florida so she knows all the builders and how good they are. We would love a chance to talk to you about Canyon Trails which are GL built homes. The setting for these homes is great and the location is excellent for transportation with the Turnpike close by. there are also good elementary and middle schools close to Canyon.

Give me a call and I will show Canyon Trails.

Leslie Hamilton
Keller Willilams Realty
Boynton Beach
561-568-7231
lesliejhamilton@hotmail.com
I am familiar with Canyon Trails, it's a very nice community. Do some research first to see if it is a perfect fit for you. I would recommend driving through on a Saturday or Sunday morning, chatting with some of the folks that live in the community. Ask them how long they have lived their and their opinion of the HOA (Home Owners Association) to see what their likes and dislikes are, try to get a "feel" for the community. Remember if you end up buying a home there, these will your neighbors for a long time.

If you have questions or need assistance don't hesitate to call.

Cornell T Adams Jr.
Licensed Realtor
(561) 900-4134
Cornelltadams@keyes.com

The Keyes Company
10921 Jog Rd, Boynton Beach, FL
33437
Great choice, My team is an exclusive agent with GL Homes / Canyon Trails and all the other Canyon developments. Please view my website http://www.lschreuder.remax-florida.com and contact me directly for any questions regarding the community, area, schools, etc. THANKS - Lynda Schreuder / Remax Advantage Plus 561-267-2998
I have sold several homes in Canyon Trails. Please call me to discuss in further detail.

Paul Saperstein
Re/Max Advantage Plus
Real Estate Broker-Associate
Direct Line 561-251-5296
Toll Free 1-888-363-5910
Fax 561-455-9884
sapsdeals@gmail.com
http://www.paulsaperstein.com

DON'T MAKE A MOVE WITHOUT ME!

Please click on this link to view a 45 second personal introduction video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwoJTyNldLw

Please click on this link to view Newsletter Housing Trends eNewsletter: http://paulsaperstein.housingtrendsenewsletter.com
I would try looking at resales first in Canyon Lakes, Canyon Isles, or Canyon Springs. Otherwise, I am a local resident and my family loves the area.

Todd Kevitch, Broker
BPO Realty LLC
561-400-9376
http://www.bporealty.com