tobyrne, Home Buyer in New Brunswick, NJ

We're moving to the New Brunswick area for 2 years. We'd love to live close to open space. Can you suggest safe towns within a 30 minute?

Asked by tobyrne, New Brunswick, NJ Fri Mar 8, 2013

commute?

Answers

5
Highland Park is next to New Brunswick but another world,primarely jewish community extremly safe and well policed.The median house price is 350,000 and that price wont last! Look at prices to increase as New Yorkers look to escape the overtaxandTax the middleclass .Trainride 30 min to Manhattan,3 bedroom house with yard 2 great parks and peaceful quiet homes are a steal ,look for a wellkept home in the triangle section to go to 400k (have been as high as 500) I would rate this area a10 for family living an safe suburban lifestyle.
Dear Tobyrne,
Just wanted to follow-up to see if you have found anything yet with regard to your home purchase. We haven't heard from you for a while (originally March). Please reach out to us at (908) 912-5298 or via email at Toni@MorettiTeam.com in the event you are still searching.
As far as I know all the areas which are suggested by other agents are good areas to move in. I know somebody who was residing in Piscataway for about 10 years is moving because of the job. House is in close proximity to all major roads if you travel for work but at the same time tucked away from all the traffic. If you are interested can call me at 609-605-0976
Here are some towns to check out that might provide you with open space in the New Brunswick vicinity (depending on what your definition of open space is) .....
Piscataway, Somerset/Franklin, North Brunswick, Hillsborough, South Brunswick, West Windsor.
Web Reference: http://www.PSPreal.com
Thank you for your response. We are 'country mice' and tend to go a little stir-crazy without ready access to parkland and/or walking trails. I will definitely start looking at homes on Trulia in the areas you mention.
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
I would suggest towns like East Brunswick, Highland Park, South Brunswick, etc. It all depends on how far you are willing to go, if you need public transportation, what your budget is, and what you consider open space. If you want a lot of land, you are going to need to go further south.
Thanks for your reply. We're looking for something close to a park and not jammed up next to a number of other buildings. Our budget is fairly modest.
Flag Sat Mar 9, 2013