General Area in Olathe>Question Details

Movemetoolat…, Home Buyer in Olathe, KS

We're hoping to buy in Olathe, KS. Is it possible to get a safe, small, and modest house for less than $80,000?

Asked by Movemetoolathe, Olathe, KS Sun May 15, 2011

Answers

8
Yes!! It is possible to find homes for less than $80,000. Is there a reason for that specific amount?
Give me a call and we can chat about what you are looking for and I can email the homes available to you.
(913)-424-0427
Would you consider a half duplex? I am just closing a bank foreclosure for $70,000 but it is rough and needs work. There are also HUD properties, which is a bidding process, that you might be able to consider. Let me know how I can best assist you.
good luck! i wouldn't cross my fingers on it.
I see that you were able to review some of the options that I sent over in the MLS portal. Are you interested in seeing any of those properties?
susanwiley@kw.com
Here are a few of the options that I was able to pull up in MLS for $90,000 or less in Olathe. I will typically pull in homes a little higher than what someone wants to initially go, just to see if there might be a property due for a price reduction that would bring it down within range. These listings are a combination of single family and duplexes. Please contact me if you would like to preview any of these properties to see if we may be on the right track.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Susan
I've done a search and there are a few places but most are either short sales or foreclosures. You can also see if you can get approved for a 203K loan, which is a renovation loan. Would you consider a 1/2 duplex?
You may be able to find a foreclosure also in that price range.
I would be happy to help you find one when you are ready. If you'd like to email me with your email address I can send you some examples of what's available.

Marcy Carter
Marcycarter@kw.com
You may be able to find a fixer-upper if you have financing that will allow for repairs or are paying cash/conventional.

You may also consider townhomes