General Area in 07030>Question Details

Salem, Home Buyer in 10514

We are 50 yr. old second home buyers currently living in Chappaqua, NY looking for great walking towns in NJ. Interested in 3-4 bedrooms. Want

Asked by Salem, 10514 Thu Jul 8, 2010

restaurants and shops & to be close to great mall.
Want to be with other people our age. Have only 1 child who will be in college.

Answers

9
Uptown Hoboken/Downtown Jersey City would be a wonderful place for you to live! There are so many attributes to this small area. We have beautiful NYC views. You can get to the city via train, bus, or car within 10 minutes. There plenty of delicious restaurants, boutiques, a mall, gyms of all sorts, festivals, and various community activities to keep you busy. You have the choice of living in either modern luxury buildings/high-rises, or maybe you prefer one of our charming charming brownstones that are full of character.

If you are considering Hoboken/Downtown JC please give me a call. I would love to speak to you and maybe meet for lunch one day! My cell is (201)937-0555
Call me to schedule a tour thru Hoboken, a wonderful place to live!

Kathleen
Oh, come on, you will be bored to death in the burbs, Hoboken has it all. You're within minutes to the theater and sites of NYC.. You can eat your way through Hoboken from one end to the other. Shop till you drop at several malls within a 10 mile radius. And, your college age child will love you for moving here. I speak from experience....close to 50 with college age kids! There are plenty of empty nesters falling in love with the town, its location to NYC and the vivacious community environment and lovely homes to choose from.
Linda Cantatore
Renaissance Real Estate
linda@cantatore.com
Forget New Jersey - come to beautiful downtwn ST Petersburg, Fl. It is exactly what you are looking for. The median age is 49, we have beaches 15-20 minutes away, restaurants, museums, Tampa Bay, rib fests, art festivals, NASCAR, and so much more. Forget New Jersey - come a little further south. Plus we have colleges for your one child. University of South Florida, St Petersburg College, Tampa Culinary Arts Institute, Stetson University, Eckerd College and more. It is the place to be 50!
Salem -

SPRING LAKE!

http://www.springlake.org

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, VA and D.C.
703-216-9100
Hi Salem- Have you considered Northern New Jersey. We have some wonderful towns that fit all of your criteria. Let me know if you want to come and take a look in the Ridgewood area.
Hi Salem, have to agree that our great urban/suburban centers may be most interesting to you - Westfield, Summit, Morristown. In all three cases you've got great and highly developed town centers with loads of shops and restaurants and activities. And of course, you've got access to public transportation - and a short shot into the greatest "walking town" of all, NYC.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Are you still looking? Best Towns
Summit
Morristown
Westfield
Montclair

NJ has so much to offer and these towns are within 50 minutes direct train to NYC! Shore towns also offer the best of living
Sea Girt
Bay Head
Manasquan
and much farther south
Avalon

Come & Visit & stay A while

Anne Shearman
Coldwell Banker
Madison, NJ
Web Reference: http://www.anneshearman.com
Hello, I just came across this question and can't believe no one has answered it! Perhaps it is because they don't want to violate Fair Housing rules? So I will recommend a couple of great towns where it is not necessary to have a car (that is a more diplomatic way of saying what you are saying) AND have great restaurants, boutiques, train stations to get to NYC, and cultural events/destinations.

In Somerset County, Raritan Boro and Somerville. These towns are very close to a fantastic mall, Bridgewater Commons. There is even a non-vehicular bridge over the highway from Somerville to the mall. In Union County, Westfield. In Hunterdon County, Flemington. Morris County: Morristown. Essex County: Montclair. All of these towns do have communities where homeowners above certain ages ( 50+, 55+, etc.) predominate by design and qualification. As well, there are plenty of other housing options that are not age-restricted. You might also like Short Hills, and of course they have arguably the most famous mall on the East Coast!

If you are still interested, I would love to talk to you. Reach out to me and I can send you specific listings.

Best wishes!

Johanna Wiseman
RE/MAX Preferred Professionals
Bridgewater, Somerset County