General Area in 55378>Question Details

Jenny, Home Buyer in 55378

We are thinking of relocating to the Savage area and looked at the Trout Run Development area. Any pros or cons to consider since we are unfamiliar?

Asked by Jenny, 55378 Sun Jan 30, 2011

Answers

6
Jenny,

The Trout Run Preserve was only recently developed on a North/Northeast facing hillside which is bounded by McColl Drive and County Rd 13. It has excellent accessibility as a result, but the noise from both highways could be more than you would like. The views from the top of the development - near McColl Road - are sweeping and stunning. On clear days you can see downtown Minneapolis, some 15 miles away. The builder in Trout Run (Ron Clark) is certainly reputable and the home designs and development layout are very nice. Shopping is readily available nearby on Cty Rd 42 and Cty Rd 13, with big box stores, restaurants and such all within a 5-10 minute drive.

I would recommend that you come down to Trout Run during the evening commute - say 4 to 5pm and see if the ambient noise from Hwy 13 is acceptable to you. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance with finding you a home in Trout Run or other parts of our neck of the woods!

-Dan & Margo Swanson
South of the River Specialists
Swanson Property & Realty Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 30, 2011
Savage Minnesota can suck it! They have land locked a whole neighborhood and destroyed business there. In the area you are referring to all you here is train traffic. There is a wireless 24 hour a day switching station that will drive you nuts. That is why I left and never looked back!

Run while you can
Dufferin Park in Savage is a wondrful neighborhood that has retained its value over the years. It was built at the right time, in the right location, at the right price. They are beautiful, quality homes. It is a matured, established, yet fresh. It is in an associated neighborhood at 50/yr, but it helps maintain the look, and security. It is right off 42 and Dakota Ave, up the hill fromthe brand new clininc that will be opening in the old Cal's lot. (Summer 2011) There are few homes that go for sale there, and when they do, they are gone fast. There is one off hand that stands out, of you like really impeccable, clean, move in ready, detailed and spacious, call me, and NO, I am not the listing agent. I prefer to represent buyers only, and keep the relationship a very thick line.

Joie, 612-578-9939
Trout run is a very nice area in Savage. When being built, it was at the peak of the Real Estate boom. That being said, I believe it is still an over priced value for this community. Savage is a great city. I have lived here for 16 years with my family. Depending on what home/style you are looking at, I believe there are better values/areas within the Savage/Prior Lake cities.
Web Reference: http://www.AtHomeWithAl.com
If and when you have time to discuss this further, you should call me. As a long time Savage resident and local realtor, I would love to show you the property at a convenient time for you, and maybe some comparable properties. What everyone has said is true and obvious. I am sure you already know this, or you would not be looking. Trout Run is more than meets the eye, or a quick response here on this page.

Joie Schubert, Realtor,
The MLS Online
http://www.jschubert.themlsonline.com
612-578-9939
Hello Jenny,

Congratulations on seeking a new home. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new home.

I lived & worked in the Savage area for many years.

Trout Run is a GREAT developement. In my opinion:

Cons - that particular are 13 & McColl is a high traffic area. That is the only one I can think of.

Pros -
Trout Run a great developement by a great builder.
There is a very scenic view of the River Valley & Cities
Excellent Schools
Great Shopping - Target, Cub, Rainbow, Walmart, Speciality Shops
Great Dining - Axel's Bon Fire, BW 3's, Applebees, Perkins, etc.
Area Attractions - Prior Lake, Valleyfair
Easy Access to 169
Derby Days Celebration

Savage is a great area.

Jennifer Sexton
Edina Realty