General Area in Charlotte>Question Details

Shannon Leck…, Home Buyer in 29466

We are thinking of relocating to Charlotte from CT with two children. What areas would you recommend with the best schools?

Asked by Shannon Leckinger, 29466 Sun Aug 4, 2013

Answers

10
Larry Sherman’s answer
http://www.ncreportcard.org/src/ Paste this website into your browser and you can get ratings on any school in the state of NC. That being said, the best schools are going to be in South East Charlotte area. However. that being said, it is also the most expensive area in Charlotte to buy a home. Before doing anything, you need to talk to a mortgage company so that you can determine the price range you need to be in. Let me know if you need any more advise.
Good evening, Shannon:
You may want to read the Trulia Real Estate Blog: What are the best Schools in Charlotte? (link below), which has some good info on area schools. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Shannon,

There are many areas in the Charlotte area that you could move to in Charlotte. I would love to help you get more educated about the Charlotte area. I live in Fort Mil/Tega area which is in SC and about 20 minutes from uptown. Definitely check out this community it is growing and there are many new homes being built in this area. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Christy Stone
619-865-3994
Christy.stone@allentate.com
christystonerealtor.com
Shannon,

As a mom of two small children, I can truly say that the Charlotte metro area is a great place to raise a family! Charlotte and the surrounding areas like most cities has a truly diverse population and the school system is excellent both in the city and the surrounding communities. You have a wide range of choices of public, private, Montessori, and charter schools. Each child is unique in their learning style and flourishes in a different environment, so what is good for one student is not necessarily good for another. I would recommend you coming down to Charlotte and taking a tour of the areas and visiting the schools and neighborhoods to get a feel for how each would best support your child and their individual needs. I would be happy to discuss Charlotte more in depth with you and provide you with some resources. Feel free to contact me at sblackburn@dlmortonrealty.com or 704-759-6168.

Stephanie Blackburn
Hi Shannon!

Realtors are not allowed to disclose school information but there are some nice areas you may want to consider around South Charlotte and Union County. You can do research on http://www.greatschools.org and if you have specific questions about locations and amenities, etc., feel free to email me directly and I can help guide you with your purchase!

I hope to help!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
We can not tell you specific areas, however I can send you a great relocation package that tells you all about the different parts of the city. If you would like one please email me you mailing address and I will get it to you. Charlottehomepro@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.jonnyagent.com
Shannon,

I did the relocation from Farifield County area of Connecticut to Charlotte eight years ago. I have four children and at the time had three in school....So like you picking the right area with good schools was very important to me.

In terms of areas Charlotte is a different city than anything in Connecticut. I have found that it is more community oriented and depending on your wants and needs there are pockets of Charlotte that fit certain lifestyles better than others.

In terms of Schools. When my wife and I decided to relocate to Charlotte we chose Matthews area. I have helped clients relocating from New York and Connecticut and they have relocated to various parts of Charlotte based on their lifestyle and wants in it....

If you are strictly looking at schools a good website to visit is http://www.ncreportcard.org. I found in all my research this to be the best website for evaluation of schools. It is run by the state and is strictly and a data information site that shows you how the school performs against other schools in the district, county and state.

Being a Realtor we are not allowed to steer you toward or away from one from one area or another....But this site should give you a good idea of school rankings. On a personal note I have been very pleased with the education my children have received down here form the Charlotte Mecklenburg School system. When I moved here I had one going into first grade, another entering third grade and a third entering fifth grade....Now with my oldest a senior in High School I have been through the whole system and have been very pleased with the educational opportunities afforded them.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hello Shannon,

With nieces and nephews I can understand the importance of residing near the best schools for your children. I would welcome the opportunity to provide you and your family with the resources to research the best options for your family. I too, would like to invite you to Charlotte for an extraordinary overview of the entire Charlotte area.

Relocating to another area is a big move and you want to make the right decisions the first time around. As a native of Charlotte, I will provide you with exceptional service! That is a promise! Please visit http://www.residecharlotte.com
Also, my cell is 704.650.1928 and email is matthew@residecharlotte.com

Have a beautiful week!

Matthew Paul Brown,PHR
Vice President of Sales
Marilyn Hartley Realty
Hi Shannon:

I am originally from CT and have family there. You will love Charlotte, especially in the winter, but will miss easy access to the beach. A quick internet search and I think I've found out that you are a realtor. I would love to give you access to a search engine, particularly in the SW section of Charlotte. It would be my pleasure to discuss your children's needs.

Joan Plavnicky, Realtor® NC & SC
Showcase Realty
1430 S. Mint Street, Suite 106
Charlotte, NC 28203
Jpnick@aol.com
858-414-1881
Hi Shannon,

There are many great schooling options in the Charlotte area. Whether you are looking for public, charter, or private will be an important factor. Price point and job location will also be something to consider.

If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to discuss your move and what your ideal living situation would be, then I will be able to recommend specific schools and/or areas.

Feel free to call or text anytime, 704-619-3971.

Take care!

Mike Laine
Prudential Carolinas Realty
michael.laine@prucarolinas.com