General Area in San Jose>Question Details

Lturkstra, Both Buyer and Seller in San Jose, CA

We are thinking of buying a home in Silver Creek Valley Country Club, but are wondering how long the commute would be during rush hour to Cupertino.

Asked by Lturkstra, San Jose, CA Sun Jun 20, 2010

Answers

6
Hi Lturkstra:

Excellent area of choice. Right count on 40 minutes. The issue is in the morning as one leaves for work and school it is tedious to get through the front gates as it is very slow as it is a gated community.

In the evening you have to commute down 85.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Best regards
Perry
408-656-5343
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
If you're serious about the SCVCC area, definitely get up early, drive out there to start when you'd normally leave, do the drive, and then retrace it after your work.

As others have said, it's not going to be a trivial matter. I don't drive it myself, but if others have car pooled, that might be an option which would definitely help - I know afternoon traffic from 4-6pm can be a monster.
Hello Lturkstra:

Thanks for your post. As Guy noted below, the commute is dependent on the time when you leave. I have to say that the worst time to travel from Silver Creek to Cupertino would be between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Before and after, the traffic is definitely lighter, but the commute will still be between 30-50 minutes. The worst section of the commute to Cupertino is on the ramp leading to De Anza Boulevard--this is heavily populated by Apple employees. You might find it far easier to take the Wolfe Road exit and then take Homestead to De Anza to shave some frustration from the commute. It isn't necessarily faster, but it does avoid the congestion of trying to navigate the off-ramp at De Anza, and, for some reason, there always seems to be an accident or two in this section, so, again, an inland route tends to avoid any problems associated with traffic.

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
Ask me about our buyer's rebate of 1.5-2% of the sale price
Tel 408-426-1616
During rush hour 30-40 min. depending on which part of Cupertino and which HWY you use ei: 280 versus 85. I would drive it myself, just to see what your times would be, also if you have someone with you and you use the commute lane THAT will really cut down your time.
I hope that helps, feel free to contact me with any questions.
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
DRE# 01397256
It depends. When you leave is critical. I would recommend you actually drive out some mornings and try leaving at 7:30 , then the next day at 7 am. sometimes, leaving later or earlier can mean 30 minutes different. Also, which route? Hwy 85 to DeAnza or Hwy 85 to 87, then 280 to cupertino or Hwy 85 to Hwy 17 to 280, etc.
Hi there,

I have lived in the country club for 13 years. I'd say the commute during the rush hours to Cupertino can be up to about 40 minutes or so. If you can avoid the rush hour commute, then it's about 20 - 25 minutes. It's a great place to live! I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the schools, activities, etc. Feel free to email or call.