Bmalp, Home Buyer in Lake Havasu City, AZ

We are thinking about moving to Lake Havasu...what is the average cost of utilities, A/C, water, etc.?

Asked by Bmalp, Lake Havasu City, AZ Sun Mar 21, 2010

what is the average cost of utilities...A/C, water, sewer, etc.

Answers

4
There is not just an average cost because each home is different and each situation is different. It all comes down to how you manage your utilities and how efficient the home you purchase is. Any seller will provide you their estimated utility costs and this is a good question to ask of a home you are interested in.
If you are full time here expect that your summer electric bill may be high. Mine gets up to $300 a month but I work at home all day and have a pool. I have clients who can keep it to $125 in the summer. The great news is most people don't even use the heat in the winter or when they do it is for a short period of time. Our utility companies will average your bill if you do not want the seasonal spikes.
As far as the water goes this is also determined by the home because of our on-going sewer project. If you buy a home on septic monthly costs are lower.
I have a FREE booklet I can mail to you called Energy Savers which will provide you some tips to saving energy and money at home. All I need is your name and address and I will get this right out to you.
See my website for other helpful tips. http://www.YourLakeHavasuHome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 22, 2010
I would estimate that an average water bill which includes trash, sewer and water runs approx. $ 125.
I would estimate that an average electric bill to be approx. $ 200. Many homes do not have gas available and are all electric. If you heat your home, water, cooking and dryer with gas that runs about $ 50 per month but would be reflected in a lower electric bill average.

Hope that helps in your decision to move here. Lake Havasu is a wonderful place to live, blue sky, sparkling lake, surrounded by mountains and great people.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 21, 2010
Costs will depend on usage and size of the home, amenities, etc.,--in the meantime why not ask the seller about their costs and get a general idea.
That would depend on the size home that you purchase. Our utilities our pretty low compared to some states. Now is the time to buy in Havasu as the cost of homes is down and their are some great deals
out there right now.