General Area in Denver>Question Details

jenntastic, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

We are relocating to Englewood Denver. We have 2 kids (1 -9mo old and 1-2 yr old) and would like to live where we can walk to restaurants and shopping

Asked by jenntastic, Denver, CO Fri Jul 26, 2013

I know the Englewood area very well and would love to show you a few properties. I live in the area and have a son the same age as your oldest. I can let you in on the area happenings and show you around a bit if you are interested.
Feel free to give me a call with any questions.
Camille Simms
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 26, 2013
Hi Jenn,

Old Englewood is a great place to raise a family and getting better every day. I was born and raised in Englewood and know the area very well. There are some great shops on South Broadway and really COOL 2 and 3 bedroom bungalows and ranch style homes close by. I just sold a home to a couple on South Delaware in the price range of $250,000 and they are thrilled.

If you want to give me a call or e-mail me, I can introduce you to the area and also show you some of the hidden gems there.

My website is and my e-mail is
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 26, 2013
The Denver Metro area is full of pockets of redevelopment which provide walking access to small retail areas close to older neighborhoods. A great tool for you to use can be found at You can see where the most walkable areas are within the town, and help guide your process. Of course, having a great broker helping you is paramount too. You have a lot of options and inventory is starting to rise a bit. Best wishes!
If you like walking to places consider Cherry Creek North, Hilltop and Congress Park in central Denver.
There are some options available near the light rail which will give you access to downtown Denver. The Englewood area has a lot of parks which is nice for the kiddos, we take our son all the time. Please feel free to contact me anytime, I am with Keller Williams. Thanks, Jason

Lots of good options here, I recommend you speak to a lender or realtor to identify exact needs and price points
Hi Jentastic.

Good answers below. We But we will need to know first of all if you are planning to lease a home or to rent. Second, what is your price point. Do you know? If not give me a call and I can get you in touch with my best lenders to get pre-qualified for a loan. It is always better to purchase rather than rent when at all possible - - We are here to help you with all of your Denver area real estate needs.

Robert McGuire ASR
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
I've found that the feel of a neighborhood is different for each family. Based on what you've told me, I would say you might feel more at home in a couple of the surrounding areas, such as close to Downtown Littleton, which is south of Englewood, or even Wash Park, which is a bit north. Either way, I'd like to meet with you to get to know you a bit before giving more comprehensive suggestion. Let me know if I can buy you coffee and sit to talk about the areas in South Denver that might make you feel at home.
Are you planning to buy or rent? Julie Montgomery, Englewood, CO
Are you looking to rent or buy a home?
Is Englewood the city where work is or the mailing address in the Denver Tech Center? Are you renting or buying? What's your budget? You can walk & commute in Englewood, Centennial, Lone Tree and northern Douglas County.

How much you are wanting to spend will help narrow your focus.
Hi Jenn,

Do you have a price point in mind? I would love to help with your home purchase. Where are you moving from? We work with a lot if relos at weichert.

Karla Knapp
I can send you a current listing report in Englewood. How many bedrooms, baths, and what is your price range? When will you be in town to view homes. What is your email?

Julie Schaefer
Cell - 303.888.8438

Equity Colorado Real Estate
7887 E. Belleview Avenue, Suite 175
Denver, CO 80111
Hi Jenn,

Congratulations on your move! It sounds like you have some flexibility - Englewood is an adjoining town (although contiguous to Denver). In any case there are lots of cool little neighborhoods in both Denver proper and Englewood right in the middle of shopping, entertainment, and night-life opportunities. Also quite a range of architecture styles. We'd be more than happy to talk with you about your preferences and help you make some sense out of the possibilities. Feel free to call, text or email any time! We specialize in fun and funky central Denver neighborhoods but are also very familiar with what Englewood has to offer.

Tony & Karen Hinkel
720-427-4836 / 303-229-5224
Hi Jenntastic:
Lots of areas might very well meet or exceed your wants and needs. Depending on what part of Englewood you are referring to, South Broadway, DU, University Hills, Denver Tech Center, parts of Centennial, Downtown Englewood or even Downtown Littleton might all be very good choices. If you can supply a little more information, I am sure that we can all supply you with a ton of information that will help you with your decision making.
Best of luck and Welcome to Denver!!
Chuck Strauss
Your Castle Real Estate
Jenntastic - how can we help you? Want some neighborhood names? Price range? Detached or attached home?
Englewood Civic Center area is a possibility as well as the areas surrounding the Denver Tech Center.
Congrats on the relocation, Englewood is a great area. If you call or email me directly with a price range I can suggest some specific neighborhoods. Also, please let me know if you are in need of child care for your kids, I know of some great facilities in the area.
Good Luck,
Amie Morozs
hi Jenntastic, , one of the best neighborhoods for these type of amenities is the Highlands , lots of restaurants , cafes and shopping is just over the bridge in downtown Denver , a couple of other options are the stapleton project , a little further east of Denver . It is a new re- development of the old Stapleton airport . and if west is a possibility there is an area called lakewood that has recently gone through ar development as well this is more of the condo type living but restaurants and shopping with in walking distance . i love working with re locations i am a native of Colorado and know the neighborhoods very well . Feel free to contact me 720 318 7053 with any other questions John Zambrano Inspired real estate
That should be quite easy. You will be able to find lots of places close to S. Broadway that has just about everything you will need.