General Area in Oak Cliff>Question Details

Jr Rust, Renter in Dallas, TX

We are new to area and like the Oak Cliff area. Are there areas to avoid there? I want to feel safe walking pet at night.

Asked by Jr Rust, Dallas, TX Thu Aug 26, 2010

Answers

4
Mr. Sumner is right. There is not an easy answer. But from my experience after living in Oak Cliff for several years, most of the area is not safe in my opinion. There is however an area called "Kesler Park" which has quite a good reputation for the Oak Cliff and south Dallas area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 13, 2010
Yes, I live in Kessler Park and I would definitely be okay with walking a pet around at night. I do always carry mace in my bag though, just in case.
Flag Tue Aug 12, 2014
North Oak Cliff is a dynamic, culturally diverse, friendly community, characterized by rolling hills and spectacular views of downtown Dallas. One of the oldest residential areas of Dallas, towering oak trees and the bluffs overlooking the Trinity River gave Oak Cliff its name. Just minutes from downtown Dallas and in close proximity to the entire Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, North Oak Cliff is enjoying a surge of new development and renovation as residents seek established neighborhoods with character and diversity and reject long commutes.

Here are details of a property in that neighborhood

http://www.dfwlandlord.com/NTREIS/listing.asp?listnum=11878619
Not safe at night unless in well lit area.
There is no simple answer to this.

Here is a link to Dallas' Interactive Crime Map that may help you decide where it would be safe.
http://maps.dallascityhall.com/index.asp?ExtentLeft=2463744.…

Just bear in mind that not all crimes are reported, almost every place on the face of the Earth has some crime, and your idea of "safe" and what someone else thinks is "safe" will likely be different.