General Area in Portland>Question Details

kntryangel41, Renter in Portland, OR

We are moving to Portland Or late Feb early March. I am looking for a house that has at least an acre that allows horses (at least 2) and 2 dogs

Asked by kntryangel41, Portland, OR Sat Jan 26, 2013

any ideas of a great area that will be near great schools, preferrably smaller class size and reasonably affordable, up to 1300 a mo. Iv'e been loooking but most places I see WITH land state NO PETS. Any ideas would be great!! Thanks, Shawna

Answers

5
Tom Inglesby’s answer
Horse property is going to be 20 miles from down town Portland. Rentals are tight and you have specific needs. Send me an email and maybe I could direct you better in a direction that will work for you? Good Luck to you, Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX Equity Group 503-319-9035
As a renter, you will likely have to go farther out to find this kind of property that meets your budget. Good luck.
Hi Shawna,

Having had horses, dogs & goats. There is quite a bit to consider. There are a myriad of options depending on different variables. I would be happy to help you find the right fit. The Portland metro has some great alcoves of horse friendly properties.
Thanks for replying back Darcey, I don't know if my requests are too high but the home I wold like would be in a more remote are with not so many houses next to each other but that may be asking to much lol....I am looking to rent as well or if we found a descent lease to own or something similar, OWC type of place would be great. My husband will be working in the POrtland area so would prefer a not so far place away an hour tops is fine.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi Shawna,

Are you looking to rent, or buy? I have a couple of great areas in mind, but need to know more.

Greg Perkins
Knipe Realty NW
503-250-0798
greg@kniperealty.com
Hi Kntryangel,
It would help to know where you will be working; for example on the east side of town or on the west side. On the west side I would recommend west Beaverton or Hillsboro for acreage and that great country feel. For smaller class sizes, I would pin the area down a little more and also consider the school's overall rating. Let me know if I can show you some properties when you are in town :)
Val Bonner
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
503-314-0553
Valbonner@comcast.net