General Area in 89423>Question Details

dprioriello, Home Buyer in Minden, NV

We are looking into moving to Minden, Gardnerville or Carson City and would appreciate some advice on the different neighborhoods?

Asked by dprioriello, Minden, NV Fri Sep 21, 2012

We would like at least one acre to have a horse and room for our grandchildren to play safely and near a clinic or hospital for my parents.

Answers

5
The areas that I would look at are in the Fish Springs area, if you want a horse and want to ride the open range this is a wonderful area, or Ruhnstroth area, also has access to BLM land to ride on. Both these areas are close to the Carson Valley Medical Center and close to shopping once the new Walmart is finished this November.

There are also the area of Sterling Ranch which is lovely but a little more pricey.

For a better understanding of the price structure in our area check my website at http://www.DaveNelsonRealtor.com and sign up for a free account on Listingbook, you'll be glad you did!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 24, 2012
Thank you David. We are working with a realtor but have not been given enough information about the areas. We have an account with Listingbook and I am beginning to figure out how to use it. Thanks again.
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
The area closest to the Carson Valley Medical would be the Ruenstroff area. I have a 3+2 on 1.42 acres for $199.000. The house has over 1800 sq. ft.

If you are interested please call me at (775) 690-2979.
I am currently selling a home: 1273 Melborn Way, in Johnson Lane.

The property has 1 acre, a pen for your horse, and a fenced in area around the house for children to play. The entire property is fenced in as well.

There is a 400 square foot garage / shop on the back of the property in addition to the 2 car garage that is attached to the home.

You can get a feel for the neighborhood by search on the address or following the link.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Nevada/Minden/sold/20396553-1273…
The areas that you might choose are varied and depend a lot on the price the you want to pay for a home. So ... I'd say the first decision is to define a general budget so that you and your agent know what and where to look.

As far as neighborhoods ... there are many, Gardnerville Ranchos, Ruhenstroth, Johnson Lane, Fish Springs, Chambers Field, Foothill, Pinenut and Topaz. all of these offer the types of property you describe. Those closest to town will provide the medical you seek.

You are invited to use our service at http://www.carsonvalleyland.listingbook.com to search all these areas. If you'd like to have me create a personalized search please let me now the specifics and I'll be pleased to do so.

Good Luck in your search and hope you find the home you are looking for.

Lisa Wetzel
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89423
775-781-5472
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
There are many great areas in Minden/Gardnerville where you can find a nice home with some acreage for a horse. There is Jacks Valley, Foothill Road, Chambers Field, Ruhenstroh, and many more.
The regional medical center is located in Carson City, but is really no more than 20 minutes away from most anywhere in the Douglas County area. There are also smaller medical facilities in Minden and Gardnerville.
Call and let me know a little more about your dream home and I can send you information about homes that might meet your criteria.