General Area in Bayville>Question Details

Donna, Other/Just Looking in 08817

We are looking in Bayville , NJ to purchase a house on a lagoon.

Asked by Donna, 08817 Mon Jan 18, 2010

We were told that in a certain area ,where the stree names end in "Wood", you have to pay the "Wood" family to put your boat in the water. Is this true?

Help the community by answering this question:


Justin Bosak’s answer
Hey Donna,

My team has a property located on Dogwood in the waterfront area called Glen Cove in Bayville for sale. There is currently a trading company called Atlantic Coast Trading that is claiming a right to charge a riparian lease price to homeowners and sent letters stating a $1500 year lease for docking your boat in the lagoon. From what I have heard it is on going still and unresolved with a majority of residents choosing not to pay. If you should have any further questions in regards to the Bayville area let me know as I am also a homeowner here.


Justin Bosak
The Oceans Six Group
ReMax Real Estate LTD
Web Reference:
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 18, 2010
Donna - It's called the Glenn Cove section of Bayville. This is in Berkeley Township.
All the streets in this section are names of trees. I lived on Magnolia- the BEST street in this section :-)
Well I thought it was.
I enjoyed that home so much my wife and I still mourn the move we made. BUT for us, at the time, it was a good move.
I can help you if you wish. No pressure, just getting you the correct answers to the questions you ask. No you don't pay Mr or Mrs Wood.
Some lots do have issues. Therefore when you purchase - you do it with a knowing Attorney and REALTOR. We are NOT all created equally.
If you would like my help - call me 732-778-9933 my cell number.
Donna I have been 'doing" real estate for 40 years. my email address is
Good house hunting. Marc
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 18, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer