General Area in Denville>Question Details

David, Home Buyer in Hawthorne, NJ

We are first time buyers looking for a nice area. One of us works in Mountain Lakes, NJ and the other in NYC

Asked by David, Hawthorne, NJ Fri Jun 6, 2008

I am willing to take the train to NYC, though I would like to find a nice community more towards Mountain Lakes for my future wife so she does not have to travel so much. Is there any suggestion that can be made? I really enjoy looking at Denville. Seems like a friendly community with lots to do. Can anyone comment? I am also open to hearing about any town there just south of Route 80.

Price: Roughly 359,000 and under maybe more, max 389,000.
Favorite Specs: Lake front :)

Thanks! And I will speak with you soon.

Davidboyd1@gmail.com if you want to reach out in person.

Answers

3
Hi David,

You can look in the Denville, Rockaway, Parsippany areas to be close to Mountain Lakes. If you don't mind a little travel time (15-30 minutes) then the options really open up. If you would like to see what is available in your price range, email me and I will send you properties that would meet your needs. I am a realtor in Fairfield (which is east of Mountain Lakes) but I do service these areas. I can also be reached by phone at 973-575-6353 ext 21 or my cell 973-632-4644. My email is janicecorsilli@aol.com.

Good luck with your search for a home !!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 6, 2008
David, did you buy back in 2008? Regards,
Hi David,

To be honest, while you can find something in Denville at that price, it's going to be something that needs work, or something with locational issues, or perhaps something on the very small side.

You might want to open up your search to Rockaway (next town over) and consider something like White Meadow Lake. You might get a little more for your money and it is a nice community with a beach, very convenient to highways and shopping, and easily driveable to a train station for commuting.

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.marcpaolella.com