General Area in 31522>Question Details

Gsteve55, Home Owner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

We are considering moving our principal residence to this area from South Florida---what can we expect in terms of homes and lifestyle?

Asked by Gsteve55, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Feb 29, 2012

We have no children and two dogs and are avid cyclists, walkers and beach-goers.....our budget would be up to $700k and we would want a new, newer or redone home.....thanks!

Answers

3
The majority of the homes in this area are of stucco and tabby exterior. We have some brick sided homes and some homes with hardy-boards siding. Depending on the area, the home may need to be built up to be above the flood zone. In these cases, the homes usually have a garage and additional storage on the ground floor and then have one or two floors above the ground level for living space and bedrooms. Homes in your price range will often come with elevators or be in a golf club community or close to the beach/Village. There is a bike/jogging path that runs the length of the island and goes through several of the streets near the beach as well. Since the island is about 12 miles long, you can go for quite a ride without having to turn around. Send me your email address and I will send you a sampling of what is currently available for sale in your price range.
Brad C. Davis
WE love our townhouse there. We moved to SC and will need to sell, but it has been the happiest place ever. 843-599-7335
Dee, I'm sure you miss living on SSI. Let me know if you need help selling your townhouse.
Flag Sat Jan 26, 2013
A lot! Let me know if you'd like me to send you a sampling of available homes.
Gerry