General Area in Saint James>Question Details

Sandra, Other/Just Looking in Commack, NY

Was this house sold? It has had a "under contract" sign out for so long and its been empty for a while now.

Asked by Sandra, Commack, NY Sun Dec 28, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/Saint_James/sold/803281…

Answers

3
Edwin Banks’ answer
Just to set the record straight, This house was recently relisted on 3/2012 at $300,000 "as is"and has been vacant since 11/2008. It was a short sale back in 2008 with Washington Mutual who collapsed & a short sale could not be completed back then.

Chase took over from Washington Mutual but could never foreclose on the home since they never had the proper paper work. So in 4/2012 a buyer went into contract & a deal was negotiated with Chase to purchase the house at $290,000. The home closed on 9/25/12.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Hi Sandra, First off, happy new year to you and your family! With respect to short sales, I was involved in a short sale in Holbrook where we were in contract in July 2007 and didn't close until February 2008! It was frustrating to say the least. Short sales can get complicated especially if there's more than one bank involved because in most cases the bank holding the second mortgage will get nothing. So there's a lot of negotiation going on. Also, many banks now require that the potential buyers go into full contract with the seller before they'll even consider the offer. If I can assist you in some way or answer any other questions, please feel free to contact me. Again, all the best for a very happy and healthy 2009!

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Hi Sandra,
This house is showing as an Under Contract, it is a short sale and it needs the lender's approval. If you are interested to know more about this house I can find out and let you know. Would you be interested to know more about other homes in the area also? Thank you
Jane Zilpelwar
631-889-2997
jzilpelwar@yahoo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 28, 2008