General Area in Bridgeport>Question Details

Stephanie, Other/Just Looking in Newburgh, NY

WHAT IS THE BEST CITY IN CONNECTICUT FOR A SINGLE MOM TO MOVE ?

Asked by Stephanie, Newburgh, NY Mon Aug 20, 2007

Answers

7
Steph,
I also agree with Sam. What is it that you are looking for in a town? What ammenities are you looking for from the place you want to live? What are some options that are variable and what are your absolutes? I was born and raised in Fairfield and now reside here. It has a reputation of keeping those who have been raised here more than most other towns, because it is a great place to live and work and raise your children! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with to make your decision.

Enjoy the day!
Tim

Tim Kellerman
Real Estate Consultant
MC # 616 Trumbull, CT
Phone - 203-254-9310

http://WWW.TKellerman.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2007
Ask yourself this question first. What are my most important needs, second what are your most important wants. There is a big difference between needs & wants. You need a roof over your head, you need to feel safe (unless you are a thrill seeker), and you need to be able to support your family. You want a gorgeous home, you want great neighbors, ect ect.
Do you want a small, medium, or big city? Do you need readily available public transportation? Do you need an abundant supply of job opportunities close to where you live? Do you need a great public school system?
Anyways I am sure you get the point. Here is a list of cities in Fairfield county with a few bits of information that may help you start your search.

Fairfield County (close to New York City,)
Greenwich-New Canaan – Westport – Darien – Wilton – Easton - Fairfield = Higher Cost of living, good schools, small to medium size towns, some are close to the water, welcome new neighbor clubs.
More Fairfield County cities
Stamford, Norwalk, & Bridgeport, large cities, more affordable housing from higher (left) to lower (right), more diverse job opportunities, good public transportation.

If you would like more specific information or confirmation on certian facts about a city you are intrestred in, don't hesitate to ask.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 21, 2007
I agree with the area Jonathan mentioned here earlier. If those areas don't fit your budget then don't forget Brookfield, Bethel, New Fairfield, Newtown, and Danbury. I work these areas as well as Ridgefield and wilton, Easton area. If interested, please contact me to send you a few listings w/ your need and wish list at soniaholmes@prudentialct.com. Hope to talk to you soon.

Sonia Holmes
Prudential CT Realty
203-438-0599 ext 120
Hi, please don't forget the lovely Quiet Corner of northeastern Connecticut. Great schools, lower taxes, better property prices. I could go on. We live here in Pomfret Center so our granddaughter could get the best education available. Small town attitude, even some more rural properties. Best of luck in your search.
The first city that comes to mind is Shelton, CT. Shelton has great schools and sports programs for children, and offers that traditional community feel. The suburbs of Shelton, Huntington and White Hills, offer lovely subdivisions and established neighborhoods. Best of all, taxes are kept lower in comparison to many surrounding towns. As a mom of four and prior teacher, I can understand the questions and concerns you may have. Best of luck-Susan

Susan Mitola, Realtor
132 Monroe Turnpike
Trumbull, CT 06611
203-895-7144
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2007
One popular choose especially for folks doing the commute to NYC is Stamford which is 45min to the city. i'm partial to stamford because you can have a big city feel and still find lots of places that are quaint and low key. It's a great place to raise a family because of all the events that take place, kids events, and there are lots of parks and beaches around. There is also good shopping b/c downtown stamford is so close to all the other market areas. There are also alot of business like GE, UBS, soon RBS in stamford which helps the area beceome even more desirable. Also, stamford has it's own train station and amtrax services as well. you can check out http://www.ci.stamford.ct.us/ to get more info.

Alisha Gunraj
Keller Williams Associate Partner, Serving Fairfield county
BA Degree,Realtor®,NAR
Phone:203-554-4481
Website:AlishaSellsHomes.net
Email:AlishaSellsHomes@kw.com
Satisfying Needs & Exceeding Expectations!!
I personally like the Ridgefield, Wilton, Westport, New Canaan area. I don't know if that area fits your budget, but I think it's a great place to raise children. Good luck with the move, Jon
Web Reference: http://www.bowenboston.com