General Area in Dallas>Question Details

Acp, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Vacant lots

Asked by Acp, Dallas, TX Fri Mar 12, 2010

My husband and I are relocating to the Dallas area. We were curious whether there are any vacant lots for sale in the Lake Highlands, Lakewood, Far North Dallas, Richardson or Garland areas? When we last visited, we really liked the trees found in the older, established suburban areas, but would also like to build our 'dream house'. Is that doable? Or would we need to look further out in the DFW metro area? Would it be better to completely renovate a house? That's another option we would consider.

Answers

6
Ronda Allen’s answer
My personal opinion is that after a recessionary period, you'll find the resale opportunities better in DFW than building a new home. Quite simply, many home builders took a hit financially in 2008/2009, and are in recovery mode. They'd love to build you a home, and they'd likely build you a beautiful home. But, you'll be paying for the home using materials at today's costs. Are those costs inflated after the economic downturn? Very likely so.

If you can fall in love with one of the older homes (older meaning 1950's to 1980's in terms of the DFW suburban housing market), which is not that hard to do, it might just be better for you to do the renovations to make it the home of your dreams.

If you do build new, try to keep in the architectural style of the neighborhood. There are some modern eyesores going in closer to downtown that are absolutely destroying the personality of some beautiful neighborhoods.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda
There are plenty of options open for you. I've actually sold lots in all but one of the cities you mentioned. For instance I recently found 2 lots in Garland for my buyer who paid less than $62,000 for both of them. They were zoned Residential and I can assure, while there is not a multitude of land in these areas, I would be able to provide you with lots that come up for sale within the same day they are listed.

What I like to do is communicate with you about some of your requirements in order to narrow our search to exactly what you want.

For example, do you have a desire for a certain acreage amount?
Were you leaning more toward a corner lot as opposed to interior?

Were you looking in for lots through the entire area of each city you mentioned or did you have certain parameters in mind?

We would also like to extend to you unlimited searches & notifications of land that does come available from now up until your final decision date that meet your needs.
If you would like to be register for this free search or have one of the most comprehensive search tools available to you to use also absolutely free and all the resources you'll need to find exactly what you're looking for, just give me a call at 214-586-7224 or email me at Rob@RKRegan.com.
I look forward to assisting you in your search and welcome you to Dallas!
Web Reference: http://www.RKRegan.com
First, welcome to Dallas. You will love living here. As the other agents have said anything is doable. The areas you have mentioned are well liked for the same reasons you have mentioned. There are neighborhoods within the areas you mentioned where buyers have both remodeled older homes and torn them down to build new. Many times the list price reflects lot value evn though there is a house on the lot.

Your price range will determine both what you can do and where you can do it. Once I know that I can be of more help to you. I know the Dallas area quite well, having been born and raised here. Let me know how I can best assist you in your move.

Mary Beth Harrison
The Harrison Group
214-365-6500 office
214-535-8377 cell
mbh@DallasNative.com
Web Reference: http://www.DallasNative.com
Bottom line you need to be interviewed determine what works best, from your prersonal to professional lifestye, and amount of money you have type of loan in order move forward.

YES there are great locations however much depends answers to questions.

Lynn911 - National Featured Realtor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal list as Top DFW Realtors
972-699-9111
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
My speciality. I live in Lake Highlands and worked in Lakewood/ Park Cities area for a few years with a custom home builder. The best way to approach and answer to your questions is whats your budget and what are your needs. You can find vacant lots in Lakewood and Lake Highlands - for all the areas that you mentioned. More pressing is what are your needs in so far as schools - kids? , special concerns, and commuting? Everything is doable and I can certainly help you with whichever way you want to go. I have personal relationships with multiple custom home builders, remodelers, and general contractors to meet your every need and price level.

If I can be of service, please feel free to contact me. I would love to help you explore your many options.

Patricia McCrite Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential
214-862-2457
patricia.mccrite@cbdfw.com
follow the link on the web reference and it should show you a lot of what is available. I haven't broken it down by price, just lot. you can change the settings on the search with the bar to your left.

Hope this helps.

Derek