Carole Von H…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Trying to make a comparison of pros & cons of newer Irving areas vs. Preston Hollow areas.

Asked by Carole Von Hedemann, Houston, TX Fri Jun 17, 2011

Trying to make a comparison of pros & cons of Hackberry Creek & newer Irving/Coppell areas vs. Preston Hollow/Farmers Branch areas. I personally prefer the larger lots, mature trees & 1 story ranch homes, but have to admit that I do like the higher ceilings and more open floor plans of the newer homes which many of the older homes do not have. Personally not too excited about the much smaller lots of most of the newer homes. Concerned about the resale values 10-15 years from now, as well as energy costs of the older vs newer homes. Looking in the appx.$300-400K range. The Golf course community of Hackberry Creek does have a strong appeal but then there is also the older Brookhaven area that must certainly also have some great advantages. Not being from the area I am trying to get a feel as to what would be the better investment for someone in the 65 age group. Looking no further than about a 15 minute drive from La Villita. Any good wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

2
I disagree that the code of ethics prevents a professional opinion regarding your questions and concerns. That's the essence of our profession - advice and opinion. Carole, you have touched on a lot of important questions and concerns. Can I be of assistance to you? I have lived in Las Colinas for going on 20 years, and have sold here and in Preston Hollow, Farmers Branch - just about anywhere you might consider close in as your mentioned areas indicate. You have a lot of info to cover in your questions - consultation might be easier for you-and certainly a lot more thorough than an online forum. I would be happy to consult with you, no fee or obligation at all, or to simply help you by allowing you to pick my brain. The rules here on Trulia do prevent me from providing you with my number but you can always click on my profile to get in touch.

Carole, I also have an SRES designation - Senior Real Estate Specialist. I would be happy to chat with you any time.
Professional code of ethics would prevent any Realtor respond to this question.

If you don't have a buyer's agent contact my office happy to assist you by providing you a tour of these locations pointing out all the features of each community to make your decision. Few other area(s) you might want to consider

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com