General Area in Westport>Question Details

Hoban, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Train service to NY from Westport CT, but what about parking?

Asked by Hoban, New York, NY Wed Apr 16, 2008

I am thinking about moving to Westport CT and I know there is a commuter train in Fairfield County but what is the parking like at the station, how much parking is there, how quickly does it fill up, can I get an annual permit, how early do I need to get there to get a space?

Answers

3
Hi Hoban...

yes..there is a wait list for parking permits. You should call town hall at 203-341-1000 speak with the parking enforcement department. Try to register as soon as you have signed your contract OR your lease. If I can be of assistance in finding a place to call home, please call me at 203-682-4327 or email me at strollb@raveisre.com

good luck..westport is a fabulous place to live!!!!
Have you found a house yet? What are you looking for?
Railroad Parking

Is there a waiting list for permit parking at the Westport Railroad Stations?

Yes, there is a four to five year wait.

How do I apply for a Railroad Parking Permit?

Fill out the Railroad Parking Waiting List on-line form (.pdf) and mail to the Westport Police Department. You will be able to fill out the form using your computer. You must notify us if your address changes. We suggest you verify information with us annually by calling 203-341-6001.

How many permits are issued?

One permit per vehicle is issued.

How much does the permit cost and how long is it good for?

As of July 1, 2004 the permit cost will be $225.00 per year, and is renewable on a yearly basis.

Where can I park if I do not have a Railroad Parking Permit?

$4.00 (four dollars) a day. Clearly marked designated spaces are available at the following locations:
Greens Farms Railroad Station, Parking Lot #1.
Saugatuck Railroad Station, Parking Lots # 1,2,3,4, and 8.
(Note: most parking lot spaces are filled by 7:00 AM).

How do I pay the $4.00 (four dollars) a day fee?

A $4.00 parking ticket will be left on your car. You can mail in the ticket with your check, pay on-line, or drop it off at the Westport Police Department Lobby. Please note, no credit card payments and no advance payments are accepted.

Is there a fee charged for weekend parking?

Parking is free on weekends and National Holidays.

Are there any other areas where I could park beside the Railroad Station Parking Lots?

Yes, there is a Municipal Parking Lot off Imperial Avenue, adjacent to the Westport Woman's Club. There is no charge for parking in this parking lot; however, there is a fee for taking the Imperial Avenue Shuttle mini-bus to and from the Railroad Station.

To check Metro North Schedules see the link to the Metro North on my web site,
under transportation on the bottom right of the Westport lifestyle section.