General Area in 78665>Question Details

mhoangvan, Home Buyer in Round Rock, TX

The both houses which are next to my house are building their driving way side on the side of my house.

Asked by mhoangvan, Round Rock, TX Thu Jan 24, 2013

i mean the house on the right of my house is building a driving way side on the left side and the house on left of my house is building is driving way side on the right side. Thus my house is next to a driving way side of both house.. Is that right?

Answers

8
If it encroaches into your property lines then it’s definitely a NO. If not, then also you should check it out from a local real estate agent and know the rules and regulations in your particular area. It may be possible that a neighbor is not allowed to build anything within a certain distance.
Make sure they don't encroach (cross your property line). For further building codes, contact the city planning and zoning dept.
There is short sale home in this neighbor hood and they are listing it at least forty thousand under what it should be listing and the family kept it up and updated. Great deal. 1146 Forest Bluff Trail.
Check with the City of Round Rock ordinance office, they will give the real answer. This side of Forest Bluff does not have Homeowners association.
Thanks guys..Btw, for re-sale perspective in the future, does this affect it ?
A garage is usually located on one side of your house or the other so you should have at least 40' from one of the two neighboring driveways. It is such a common occurrence that I cannot imagine it would affect your resale value.
Flag Fri Jan 25, 2013
A pretty common occurrence. I don't think that is covered in most CC&Rs. It would depend on the chosen floor plan and whether it is flipped or not. Here's a view of a typical Round Rock neighborhood with many houses in the same situation: http://goo.gl/maps/2cJ2i

ROCK Properties - REALTORS®
3010 E Old Settlers Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78665
Ph: (512) 850-4510
Fax: (512) 366-9621
http://www.RockProperties.com
It certainly can happen. It is really just a 1 in 3 possibility but it does happen. Unless a neighborhood is designed with all left side or all right side garages...
Depends on the restrictions in your neighborhood. Sounds like it's time to flip through that big stack of CC&Rs that few people look through until they need to! :) Good luck!