General Area in Peoria>Question Details

Nisam, Home Buyer in Peoria, IL

Sorry, property tax is what I want to know. I am looking for property tax rates for Peoria, Dunlap, Elmwood, Peo. County, surrounding areas.

Asked by Nisam, Peoria, IL Mon Feb 21, 2011

Answers

3
Greg McCoy’s answer
Hisam,

The tax rates for all of the areas vary a lot from one neighborhood to another. If you have specific addresses, I can provide those for you. Or, you can look them up online at the websites for Peoria, Woodford and Tazewell counties. For example, for Peoria County, go to http://www.peoriacounty.org. Click on "Get Your Property Information" then click on "Property Records Information." This will bring you to a screen where you enter a specific address and find out the tax information for that address. Let me know if you have any further questions........

Greg McCoy
RE/MAX Unlimited
homes@GregMcCoy.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 21, 2011
most every county has a website you can look up tax bills for residents and identify owners. rates are based on neighborhood, type of dwelling and usage. commercial vs. residential so there is no one rate for any town i would think.
Nisam -

You can look up comparable properties on county assessor websites. But you can also call the township assessor's offices and give them an idea of the market value and they can tell you what the property tax rate would be and how to calculate it. Good luck!