General Area in Newark>Question Details

So, Home Buyer in North Trenton, Trenton...

Society Hill- Newark NJ,

Asked by So, North Trenton, Trenton, NJ Mon Jan 26, 2009

how is this community? Any complaints? Is the area safe? I previously was looking for townhouses in clifton but their taxes are to high.

Answers

2
When we were looking last year, this was our first preference, until we realized that a townhouse condo would not fit our needs.

I rate this development as excellent. I am a native Newarker. This development marked the beginning of Newark's renaissance.

In my opinion, Society Hill has best retained and appreciated in value of all the developments west of Penn Station.

Who lives in Society Hill? Local political leaders, teachers, police officers, professors, doctors, lawyers, students, professional artists, and just plain folk.

What is close? Newark Penn Station, NJ Transit Subway stops, Essex County/NJ Courts, NJIT, Rutgers, Essex County College, University of Medicine and Dentistry, Downtown Newark, Prudential Center Arena, Bears Stadium, NJ Performing Arts Center. All of these are one block to one mile away.

I have nothing bad to say about it. I have listed properties there, and they have sold. No one I know who lives there is in any hurry to leave.

I always, without reservation, recommend Society Hill to folks looking for condos regardless of what towns they specify, because of the perfect storm of Newark prices AND Newark taxes.

I only looked at when you posted this question after I nearly finished the answer. Hopefully, you are already experiencing Society Hill. If not, and you haven't already bought something, call us!
Web Reference: http://www.leondevose.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 26, 2009
Thanks for your reply Leon, I actually am still looking to buy in society hill, if you have any listings email them to me @ spence0766@yahoo.com. Thank You!